Shopping! The Musical: Long-Running Hit Musical Comedy Revue
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Shopping! The Musical have expired.
The last date listed for Shopping! The Musical was Saturday September 1, 2012 / 8:00pm (Closing Night).
Currently at The Shelton Theater:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- $10.00 - $17.00
Morris Bobrow, the award-winning creator of Shopping! The Musical, the longest-running original show in San Francisco history, is serving up yet another tasty musical revue. This one's all about food, glorious food -- with a mix of songs and sketches about eating habits and hang-ups, trendy restaurants and food trucks, cooking quirks, menu mania and much, much more. Winner of multiple San Francisco Bay Area Theater Critics Circle Awards for outstanding music and lyrics, Bobrow also created the recent Party of 2 -- The Mating Musical. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- Winner of the Bay Area Theater Critics Circle Award
- "A cartful of laughter!" --San Francisco Chronicle
- "Infectious, irreverent humor! A clever collection of tunes - songs that bring to mind Jerry Seinfeld's sharp observations on mundane modern life." --SF Weekly
- "Shopping for frothy fun? Here's a musical for you! Bobrow has picked an excellent quartet to deliver the message. They handle Bobrow's slyly funny lyrics well and exude personalities that are immediately likeable." --Contra Costa Times
- "Bobrow utilizes words in a truly amazing way, combining internal and external concepts about reality in a way that amuses, cajoles, and yes, often astounds. Shopping! The Musical is GREAT!" --San Francisco Bay Times
- "Performed by four very talented singers... Shopping! The Musical reminds me of those wonderful little revues that used to occur down in the Village in New York or the great Billy Barnes shows in Los Angeles." --Talkin' Broadway
Shopping! The Musical is a very funny musical revue of original songs and sketches about everybody's second-favorite (in some cases, favorite) activity. Award-winning composer/lyricist Morris Bobrow skewers all aspects of shopping - the stores, the sales people, the customers, the products, the frustrations, the differences in how men and women shop, and other shopping adventures and mis-adventures.
The writer, Morris Bobrow, is the winner of 3 San Francisco Bay Area Theater Critics Circle Awards for outstanding music and lyrics, the Hollywood DramaLogue Critic's Award for best music and lyrics and New York's Backstage Bistro Award for outstanding cabaret revue. Other musicals of his include Party of One, With Relish, New Wrinkles, and Are We Almost There?