Second Wind's Stage Thriller Vigilance
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Vigilance have expired.
The last date listed for Vigilance was Saturday February 25, 2012 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $20.00 - $90.00
- Our Price:
- $12.00 - $54.00
When the mysterious and sultry Vanda walks into playwright Thomas Novachek's office, he thinks the search for the perfect lead in his latest production might finally be over. But her audition quickly turns into a seductive and erotic power play that'll make you wonder who's really running the show. Among the most acclaimed -- and most provocative -- new plays in recent Broadway history, David Ives' Venus in Fur blurs the lines between fantasy and reality, seduction and power, and love and sex. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "The [<em>Vigilance</em>] ensemble is excellent... a remarkably well-written piece. If you care about new theatre, you will certainly find that this is a company and a playwright to watch. Highly recommended."--<em>TheatreStorm</em>
- "Stunningly poignant ..." --<em>The Denver Post</em>
- "<em>Second Wind</em> has a goal that is rare in today bottom-line driven theatre world: to use the stage to explore social and political issues that impact ordinary Americans lives."--<em>Marin Independent Journal</em>
- “Small theatre at its best … unswervingly honest and wrenching”--<em>SF Bay Guardian </em>
- “Intelligent … lively … devastating … a remarkable show”--<em>The Colorado Daily </em>
- “An unheralded little gem”--<em>Slate Magazine </em>
- “Witty … imaginative … compassionate”--<em>SF Chronicle </em>
- “Stunning and much more … it’s rare to find such fine theatre in a small place”--<em>SF Bay View</em>
- “Poetically written, well acted”--<em>Edinburgh’s Fest Magazine</em>
- “As politically au courant as anything on stage. A lucid, involving drama ... seamlessly staged”--<em>SF Bay Guardian </em>
- “Spot on timing … talent abounds in this small company”--<em>Backstage West </em>
- “A zany, well-crafted hit”--<em>SF Bay Times </em>
- “A cool literary mystery … it’s easy to understand why Walker has won awards for his work”--<em>SF Examiner </em>
- "A winner of a show ... gripping drama, thought-provoking and substantive."--<em>San Francisco Examiner</em>
Under the guise of “poker night,” three wary neighbors band together to protect their homes and families from a violent newcomer to their community. Having won his house in a raffle, Tom Duncan has proceeded to dismantle the neighborhood, bit by terrifying bit. Desperate, his neighbors confront him, escalating the conflict to a point where murder seems the only likely end.
The show is not recommended for those under the age of 12.
Elite Pass info:
The Elite Pass gives you a two-month membership in Second Wind's Elite Program, which is your backstage pass to the creation of a show and a fantastic opportunity for theater enthusiasts, students, growing professionals, or anyone who wants to engage in the process. It includes:
- One ticket to Vigilance
- Half off all concessions
- Access to Second Wind’s workshop series (see schedule)
- Free returns: See the show again!
- Bring a youth age 12-16 for free
- Exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes content
- Be a Power Buyer: Buy additional tickets for $15
- Access to the Elite Pass Forum: Ask questions, get answers
About the Ticket Supplier: Second Wind ProductionsNow in its 24th year, Second Wind Productions has performed from San Francisco to Edinburgh, Scotland. Its production of The Gravedigger's Tango was called "fascinating, classy, invigorating, and smart," by The San Francisco Examiner. "Effortlessly enthralls... gripping suspense deftly rendered," writes the SF Bay Times of Second Wind's production of The Woman in Black. And the Marin Independent writes, "Second Wind has a goal that is rare in today's bottom-line theatre world: to use the stage to explore social and political issues that impact ordinary American lives."
Second Wind is dedicated to theatre that approaches social and political issues from the human perspective. They embrace the tradition of theater as an instrument of both education and catharsis.