Jamaica, Farewell, a Stunning One-Woman Show, at Santa Monica PlayhouseSanta Monica Playhouse (1211 4th Street Santa Monica, CA 90401)
* Additional fees apply.
Select Your Date
Reviews & Ratings
report as inappropriate
As a long time theater goer I look for high quality entertainment. Jamacai Farewell is surpassed my imagination and is simply hilarious!! Debra Erhndhart does an outstanding job of telling her story with such sensitivity & humor.. She keeps you laughing with her wit and theatrics as she morphs into multiple characters. I've seen it three time now and would highly recommend the show to all my friends.. Don't miss it!
More Information About Jamaica, Farewell
Quotes & Highlights
- Read additional reviews for this show by Goldstar members.
- "Powerful...with wit and a melodic Jamaican lilt, Ehrhardt proves to be an entertaining and charming raconteur." --The New Yorker
- "Fantastic! An emotional journey that does full justice to the drama of her life-changing off-stage odyssey" --Time Out NY
- "Flashes of wit and genuine lyricism combined with an adventure that might make James Bond sweat.…gripping and marvelously funny!" --Backstage, NY
- "Winning! The evening’s real pleasure is simply Ehrhardt herself, She’s got it going on, living every day like Independence Day." -- Los Angeles Times
- "A terrific story with wit and panache...suspenseful enough for a thriller and deliciously funny" --LA Weekly
- "Not since Nia Vardalos' My Big Fat Greek Wedding has there been such a captivating and hilarious one-person show" --Livelyarts.com
The Jamaica Cultural Alliance is thrilled to present the international hit comedy, Jamaica Farewell, written and performed by NAACP award winner, Debra Ehrhardt. Jamaica Farewell was the final production in the 2010-11 Subscription season at Garry Marshall's Falcon Theatre in Los Angeles, where it was produced in association with Rita Wilson and directed by Joel Zwick, director of Big Fat Greek Wedding. After successful runs all over the world, Debra brings back her thrilling tale to the Santa Monica Playhouse where it all began.
Debra Ehrhardt's solo show Jamaica, Farewell, based on a mostly true story about her journey to the USA from Jamaica in the turbulent 1970s of the Manley Era, is a hilarious and touching story of how one woman risked everything in order to fulfill her lifelong dream of starting over in America. Debra's tour de force performance is a wild roller coaster ride of suspense, intrigue, seduction, humor and manipulation.