Jamaica, Farewell, a Stunning One-Woman Show, at Santa Monica Playhouse
* Additional fees apply.
Turn any event into a gift that's…
Can be sent via email or mail.
Experiences that create memories make the greatest gifts.
Select Your Date
- Sat, Feb 8 @ 8:00pm Check Availability $17.50
- Sun, Feb 9 @ 3:00pm Check Availability $17.50
- Sat, Feb 15 @ 8:00pm Check Availability $17.50
- Sun, Feb 16 @ 3:00pm Check Availability $17.50
- Sat, Feb 22 @ 5:00pm Check Availability $17.50
- Sun, Feb 23 @ 6:00pm Check Availability $17.50
- Sat, Mar 1 @ 5:00pm Check Availability $17.50
- Sun, Mar 2 @ 3:00pm Check Availability $17.50
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Carlos Alberto
view more less of this review
Theatre truly is like box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. It can either be a riveting performance or something you walk out or escape from during intermission. What you really never expect on a lazy Sunday evening is a solo performance that is a true "Masterpiece" of story telling. You can use every cliche that's come out of a critic to describe this performance, like an amazing "Tour de Force" or throughly "mesmerizing", but the way that Ehrhardt seamlessly flows to more than twenty characters makes for a stunning show. This is a must see performance.
Quotes & Highlights
- Read additional reviews for this show by Goldstar members.
- "Powerful...with wit and a melodic Jamaican lilt, Ehrhardt proves to be an entertaining and charming raconteur." --The New Yorker
- "Fantastic! An emotional journey that does full justice to the drama of her life-changing off-stage odyssey" --Time Out NY
- "Flashes of wit and genuine lyricism combined with an adventure that might make James Bond sweat.…gripping and marvelously funny!" --Backstage, NY
- "Winning! The evening’s real pleasure is simply Ehrhardt herself, She’s got it going on, living every day like Independence Day." -- Los Angeles Times
- "A terrific story with wit and panache...suspenseful enough for a thriller and deliciously funny" --LA Weekly
- "Not since Nia Vardalos' My Big Fat Greek Wedding has there been such a captivating and hilarious one-person show" --Livelyarts.com
The Jamaica Cultural Alliance is thrilled to present the international hit comedy, Jamaica Farewell, written and performed by NAACP award winner, Debra Ehrhardt. Jamaica Farewell was the final production in the 2010-11 Subscription season at Garry Marshall's Falcon Theatre in Los Angeles, where it was produced in association with Rita Wilson and directed by Joel Zwick, director of Big Fat Greek Wedding. After successful runs all over the world, Debra brings back her thrilling tale to the Santa Monica Playhouse where it all began.
Debra Ehrhardt's solo show Jamaica, Farewell, based on a mostly true story about her journey to the USA from Jamaica in the turbulent 1970s of the Manley Era, is a hilarious and touching story of how one woman risked everything in order to fulfill her lifelong dream of starting over in America. Debra's tour de force performance is a wild roller coaster ride of suspense, intrigue, seduction, humor and manipulation.