Seattle Symphony Opens its "Baroque and Wine" Series with Bach's "Brandenburg" Concerto No. 1
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Bach's "Brandenburg" Concerto No. 1 have expired.
The last date listed for Bach's "Brandenburg" Concerto No. 1 was Saturday October 16, 2010 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Benaroya Hall, S. Mark Taper Foundation Auditorium:
- Full Price:
- $54.00 - $79.00
- Our Price:
- $27.00 - $39.50
Much more than just a concert, In the Mood is a fully staged tribute to Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Benny Goodman and other big band greats of the '40s. Complete with costumes, choreography, a 13-piece big band and six singer-dancers, this show pays homage to America's greatest generation, when people boogied to up-tempo big band rhythms. Hear songs like "In the Mood," "Chattanooga Choo Choo," "Sing, Sing, Sing" and more timeless hits. Many of the musical arrangements were written by Vic Schoen, the conductor and arranger for The Andrews Sisters, and music director for both Universal and Paramount Pictures. Experience the swing, the rhythm and the jazzy, brassy, sentimental music of this pivotal time in America's history. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- Listen to the<a target="_blank" href="http://www.seattlesymphony.org/_uploaded/audio/piece/bachbrandenburg1.mp3"> "Brandenburg" Concerto No. 1 in F major, BWV 1046</a>
BAROQUE & WINE SERIES
BACH'S "BRANDENBURG" CONCERTO NO. 1
Gerard Schwarz, conductor
- DARON ARIC HAGEN - Con Gai (a greeting and a farewell) (World Premiere)
- GEORGE FRIDERIC HANDEL - Suite No. 2 in D major from Water Music
- JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH - Orchestral Suite No. 1 in C major, BWV 1066
- GEORGE FRIDERIC HANDEL - Concerto grosso in F major, Op. 6, No. 9
- JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH -“Brandenburg” Concerto No. 1 in F major, BWV 1046