Emily Wells: Avant-Garde Pop Musician at the Triple Door
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Emily Wells have expired.
The last date listed for Emily Wells was Thursday September 22, 2011 / 7:30pm (Doors Open at 6:00pm).
Most Popular Music Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $40.00 - $75.00
- Our Price:
- $20.00 - $48.75
Leave it to the largest community choir in North America to stage the biggest holiday spectacle of them all: Play It Again Santa from the Seattle Men's Chorus. Known as "Seattle's Other Holiday Tradition," the Chorus's holiday concerts are packed with good cheer and great music. Nostalgic carols, sing-alongs and brilliantly hilarious versions of seasonal favorites add up to a thrilling and festive show. Make time for the magic -- and tradition -- of Play It Again Santa at Benaroya Hall. Learn More
Quotes & Highlights
- Hear Emily's music at her website.
- "Ms. Wells' latest album, The Symphonies: Dreams Memories & Parties (creative control), is a warm, intriguing slice of avant-garde pop, and on stage she’s a delight."--Wall Street Journal
- "On her album The Symphonies: Dreams Memories and Parties, from 2008, the multi-instrumentalist and singer-songwriter Wells layered her elfin voice over spectral string arrangements and brushstroked hip-hop percussion. The ten songs were symphonies only in the broadest sense of the term: the album is a highly theatrical labyrinth of rap, gothic folk, classical, and electronica songs." --The New Yorker
- "Emily Wells is a classical phenom with a cutting ear." --Village Voice
- "Layering eerie strings, bleeping synths, and electronic beats under Biggie's rags-to-riches lyrics, she sings and raps like a feral, streetwise Nina Simone." --Spin