Dana Fuchs (Across the Universe, Love, Janis) Sings at the Triple Door
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Singer Dana Fuchs have expired.
The last date listed for Singer Dana Fuchs was Tuesday April 26, 2011 / 7:30pm (Doors Open at 6:00pm).
Most Popular Music Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $40.00 - $75.00
- Our Price:
- $20.00 - $48.75
Leave it to the largest community choir in North America to stage the biggest holiday spectacle of them all: Play It Again Santa from the Seattle Men's Chorus. Known as "Seattle's Other Holiday Tradition," the Chorus's holiday concerts are packed with good cheer and great music. Nostalgic carols, sing-alongs and brilliantly hilarious versions of seasonal favorites add up to a thrilling and festive show. Make time for the magic -- and tradition -- of Play It Again Santa at Benaroya Hall. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
She and her band were so unbelievably fantastic that I must confess I feel guilty having gotten in for half-price. (How's that for paradox?) They played down in Portland tonight. Here's the message I posted on a music guestbook down there when I got home last night:
HEY PORTLAND - PUT THAT STUFF DOWN AND PAY ATTENTION!
Sorry this is such short notice. Tell everybody you know who loves great music to go see the Dana Fuchs Band at The Alberta Rose Theatre - tonight - (that's Wednesday, April 27th) - at 8 pm.
TRUSTMETRUSTMETRUSTME: You will NOT be disappointed. This chick sings her ASS off. Close yer eyes - you'd swear it was Janis.
She is great. If you saw the recent flick, Across The Universe, you'll remember her as Sadie. She is one of the most electrifying singers I've seen in a long long time. And oh my gods, what a fox.
I promise you, if you go to the show and are not one hundred percent completely satisfied, I will personally come down there, drive you to the nearest mental hospital and commit your ass right on the spot, for *something* what be plainly wrong, oh my darlin.
For real: if you miss this show, you will be sorry. Take my word for it. When have I ever lied to you?
You've All Been Like A Surrogate Family To Me
(Manson Family, but still - hey),
His Most Arrogant Male Majesty
Quotes & Highlights
- Hear music from Dana's new album Love to Beg at her website.
- “Triumphal” --The New York Times
- “A voice that is sultry and astonishingly boundless” --The Village Voice
- “Fuchs’ entree is a bold and beautiful thing, and her talent is immense.” --Billboard Magazine
- “Dana Fuchs and her band turn out rocking, blues-infused originals that come to life in Dana’s burnished vocals.” --The New Yorker
- “Dana Fuchs just sings like a bastard!” --New York Press
- “Best show I’ve seen in many years. Dana Fuchs is a great singer.” --George Benson
- “Imagine a sultry, more emotive Janis Joplin backed by a higher-energy version of the late-’60s Rolling Stones…Rock ’n' roll doesn’t get any better.” --Stereophile Magazine
Dana Fuchs is a singer, songwriter, actress and voice over talent most famous for her role as Sadie in the 2007 film Across the Universe. She also played the singing Janis Joplin in the Eric Nederlander production of Randall Myler's off Broadway musical Love, Janis.