Yellow Face: ReAct Re-Opens David Henry Hwang's Hit Comedy
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Yellow Face have expired.
The last date listed for Yellow Face was Sunday July 29, 2012 / 7:00pm.
Currently at Center Theatre:
- Full Price:
- $25.00 - $43.00
- Our Price:
- $12.50 - $21.50
Oscar Wilde was a writer with brilliance to burn, but even he never surpassed The Importance of Being Earnest, perhaps the wittiest, cleverest and looniest play to ever grace the stage. Called a "trivial comedy for serious people," Wilde's masterpiece finds two young bachelors, Jack Worthing and Algernon Moncrieff, taking on the same "Ernest" alias in hopes of wooing their ladies. The scheme, of course, goes comically awry. The formidable Lady Bracknell is then brought in to help sort things out. Revived numerous times on Broadway -- most recently in 2011 -- Earnest was also adapted into a 2002 film with Oscar winners Reese Witherspoon and Colin Firth. Now Victor Pappas, the world-renowned director, helms an exciting new production for the Seattle Shakespeare Company. Learn More
Quotes & Highlights
- "Keeps you laughing -- and leaves you thinking" --<em>Seattle Times</em>
- "A smart exploration of race ... layered, funny, wry, and above all deeply moving .. .this play is for everyone. ...Go see it." --<em>Seattle Gay News </em>
- "Underneath the surface ... lies an ingenious truth delivering machine" --Seattlest.com
- "Brave, cuttingly honest" --<em>Seattle Weekly </em>
- "Simply put, the production is suspenseful, hilarious, and provocative in both its themes and ideas." --<em>Seattle Chinese Times </em>
Starring Julia Beers, Jeremy Behrens, Stephanie Kim, Tyler Miller, Richard Sloniker, Herny Vu and Moses Yim.
Parental guidance is suggested due to strong language.