Jewmongous! Sean Altman's Unkosher Comedy Songs
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Jewmongous! have expired.
The last date listed for Jewmongous! was Sunday December 25, 2011 / 9:30pm.
Most Popular Music Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
One of the most popular singer-songwriters in music today, Jennifer Nettles has achieved huge success as part of the multi-platinum group Sugarland. She's earned numerous accolades for her wonderful songwriting abilities, including Grammy, ACM and CMA Awards. Her new solo project, That Girl, finds Nettles showing off her beautiful voice in a variety of styles -- including country, gospel and '70s radio -- under the direction of super-producer Rick Rubin. On her headlining tour, Nettles delivers an emotionally powerful performance that touches on her Sugarland hits and new songs, including her album's title track and "Me Without You." Opening for Nettles is rising country artist and acclaimed songwriter Brandy Clark. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "Ethnic pride mixed with high camp." --<em>The New York Times</em>
- "Not since Kinky Friedman has Hebraic-humored folk been as funny." --<em>Philadelphia Inquirer</em>
- "Full of catchy melodies, clever arrangements and lyrics that yield satiric gems ... Bawdy with a wicked modern streak ..." --<em>The Washington Post</em>
- "Skewering all things from JDate to Passover to rhinoplasty." --<em>Los Angeles Times</em>
- Visit the <em>Jewmongous</em> <a target="_blank" href="http://www.jewmongous.com">website</a> for videos and more.
KFAR Jewish Arts Center's annual "It's not a 'Silent Night' event" presents Jewmongous.
Jewmongous, a comedy song concert, is the colicky, uncircumcised brain child of Sean Altman: the golden-voiced song-writing wiz and former leader/founder of Rockapella (of Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?).
Sean was featured in Time Out New York's cover story "The New Super Jews" and in The New York Times feature about "the Jewish Hipster Movement."
Featuring original songs include the fractured Passover story song "They Tried to Kill Us (We Survived, Let's Eat)," which was featured on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross; the ska-inflected "What The Hell Is Simchas Torah?"; the bluesy "My Pact With Satan;" the venomous anti-Jews-For-Jesus punk anthem "Jews For Jesus"; the cowboy romp "Long-Tongue Shloime;" the dysfunctional Bar Mitzvah anthem "Today I Am A Man;" and the swinging "Blow, Murray, Blow!", about a Yom Kippur shofar (ram's horn) blower so virtuosic that his playing purges listeners of all their sins, no matter how despicable.
All faiths welcome, even the faithless.