Judy Garland Musical Get Happy! Stars Award-Winning Tribute Artist
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Get Happy! have expired.
The last date listed for Get Happy! was Sunday May 26, 2013 / 2:00pm (Doors Open at 1:30pm).
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $60.00 - $95.00
- Our Price:
- $60.00 - $95.00
Hailed as "the best musical of this century" by Ben Brantley of The New York Times and "the funniest musical of all time" by Entertainment Weekly, The Book of Mormon won nine Tony Awards -- including Best Musical -- in its first year on Broadway. Now the national touring production is back at the Pantages for a second round of hilarity. Written by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone along with Robert Lopez, the Tony-winning co-creator of Avenue Q, this musical comedy is a show that The Daily Show's Jon Stewart has called "a crowning achievement. So good it makes me angry." Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- See Peter Mac perform as Judy Garland in this <a target="_blank" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bNHFDodk6JQ ">YouTube clip</a>.
- "Unlike <em>End of the Rainbow</em> on Broadway, which leaves Garland fans questioning why anyone would want to desecrate her memory, Mac's tribute is totally positive and uplifting." --BroadwayWorld.com
- "When one watches and listens to Peter Mac perform as Garland, it’s hard to distinguish where reality ends and illusion begins ... the vocals are so close and the re-creation so precise that it’s nearly impossible not to be taken in completely ... every mannerism that Garland had is there ... simply impeccable!” --<em>Cabaret Scenes</em>
- "The lady is in fine form and brought back to life in the most positive and endearing way by this talented man." --<em>Stage Happenings</em>
- "His meticulous impersonation of the iconic actor-singer provides Mac with the opportunity to conjure her essence. He does so brilliantly and with such warmth and grace, that it’s a cinch he will entertain wide-ranging audiences -- even those rare individuals who might not be as familiar with the legendary star." --<em>Backstage</em>
Running time: Two hours.