Nora: Ingmar Bergman's Adaptation of Henrik Ibsen's A Doll's House
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Nora have expired.
The last date listed for Nora was Saturday April 6, 2013 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $60.00 - $95.00
- Our Price:
- $60.00 - $95.00
Hailed as "the best musical of this century" by Ben Brantley of The New York Times and "the funniest musical of all time" by Entertainment Weekly, The Book of Mormon won nine Tony Awards -- including Best Musical -- in its first year on Broadway. Now the national touring production is back at the Pantages for a second round of hilarity. Written by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone along with Robert Lopez, the Tony-winning co-creator of Avenue Q, this musical comedy is a show that The Daily Show's Jon Stewart has called "a crowning achievement. So good it makes me angry." Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "First produced in the early '80s, the play receives a near-optimum staging from director Dana Jackson at Pacific Resident Theatre. In uniformly cogent performances, a superlative cast cuts to the emotional heart of Ibsen's masterwork." --<a target="_blank" href="http://<a href="http://articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/06/entertainment/la-et-cm-nora-dolls-house-20121204" target="_blank">http://articles.latimes.com/.../la-et-cm-nora-dolls-house-20121204</a> "><em>Los Angeles Times</em></a>
- "This stark black-box take on Ingmar Bergman’s searing 1981 reduction of Henrik Ibsen’s immortal 'A Doll’s House' grabs its viewers from the outset and never lets go." --<a target="_blank" href="http://www.backstage.com/review/la-theater/ingmar-bergman-henrik-ibsen-nora-pacific-resident-theatre-a-dolls-house/"><em>Backstage</em></a>, Critic's Pick
- "Go ... the clarity and power of the show's performances make this a textbook dynamic production of the tragic drama." --<a target="_blank" href="http://blogs.laweekly.com/arts/2012/11/bob_baker_marionettes_nutcracker_thanksgiving.php"><em>LA Weekly</em></a>
The full cast for Nora features (in alphabetical order):
- Scott Conte (“Seinfeld,” Golden Boy, Fata Morgana) as “Nils Krogstad”
- Jeanette Driver (St. Joan of the Slaughterhouses, Anatol, Glory Days) as “Nora Helmer”
- Bruce French (The Browning Version, “Crash,” “Mad Men“) as “Dr. Rank”
- Brad Greenquist (Becky’s New Car, Night of the Iguana, Water for Elephants) as “Torvald Helmer”
- Martha Hackett (Happy End, Tom Walker, “Star-Trek-Voyager“) as “Christine Linde”
In addition to director Dana Jackson (Barrie: Back to Back, The Browning Version, Fata Morgana) the creative team for Nora includes producer Kenny Hargrove, scenic design by William Wilday (PRT’s Becky’s New Car, Sarah’s War, Island of Brilliance), lighting design by Noah Ulin (The Underground: From the Streets to the Stage), sound design by Keith Stevenson (PRT’s Out There on Fried Meat Ridge Road, Barrie: Back to Back, Lions), costume design by Daniella Cartun (First in Flight, Her Piece of Mind, ISIS Dynasty), and choreography by Elizabeth “Tiggy” McKenzie (PRT’s Concealing Judy Holiday, Sweet Thursday).
About the Ticket Supplier: Pacific Resident Theatre
Based in Venice, California, Pacific Resident Theatre is a company founded by actors and dedicated to producing the classics, rarely performed plays, and the works of new writers.
During the last 25 years, PRT has won over 200 theater awards including the prestigious Margaret Hartford Award for continuous achievement in the small theater arena.