Home Buying Process Class: How to Buy A Home For First-Timers
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Home Buying Process Class: How to Buy A Home For First-Timers have expired.
The last date listed for Home Buying Process Class: How to Buy A Home For First-Timers was Wednesday June 22, 2011 / 7:00pm.
Currently at Sixth & I Historic Synagogue:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
The schedules of today's "modern women" have never been fuller -- and their commitments have never been so numerous. Why then, does an eminent sociologist claim that they currently "enjoy 30 hours of leisure each week"? Washington Post journalist Brigid Schulte was determined to investigate this audacious claim and the obvious truth it seemed to refute: that few adults had spare minutes, much less hours, for relaxation. The fruit of her thorough research is a new book, Overwhelmed: Work, Love and Play When No One Has the Time. Praised by critics, Overwhelmed identifies the stresses that cut into working parents' leisure time, even as it seeks to find a better work-life balance. Schulte discusses her fascinating conclusions with Tom Bowman, her husband and also the National Desk reporter for NPR, at Sixth & I. Books will be available for sale at the event. Learn More
Quotes & Highlights
- This class is offered around the Washington area. Check out the <a target="_blank" href="https://www.goldstar.com/events/washington-dc/home-buying-process-class-how-to-buy-a-home-for-first-timers.html">great Goldstar reviews</a> for the class at Civilian Art Projects.
Here’s just a few of the things you’ll learn in the class:
- Rent vs. Buy
- All the right reasons to determine if home ownership is meant for you
- Mortgage Basics: Rates, Points, Fees
- Financing Basics: FHA, Conventional, Conforming, and "Jumbo" loans
- Short Sale, Foreclosure/REO/Bank Owned Basics
- Buyer agency and choosing an Agent
- Writing an Offer and Navigating Through to a Successful Closing
- Want to benefit from the New and Expanded Federal Tax Credit? Learn How To Save up to $2000 in Closing Costs