Percussions Claviers de Lyon Pay Tribute to Claude Debussy
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Percussions Claviers de Lyon have expired.
The last date listed for Percussions Claviers de Lyon was Tuesday February 26, 2013 / 7:30pm.
Most Popular Music Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $36.00 - $56.00
- Our Price:
- $18.00 - $28.00
A five-time Latin Grammy winner, who picked up his latest in 2013 for the album Soy Flamenco, famed guitar master Tomatito brings his flamenco-jazz sextet to Lisner Auditorium. Known for his abundant stage charisma and impeccable musical technique -- not to mention his long, wavy locks -- Tomatito accompanied Camarón de la Isla for two decades until the legendary flamenco singer's death in 1992. The man born as José Fernández Torres has also collaborated with artists as varied as Elton John, Frank Sinatra, Chick Corea and more. Experience an artist the Miami Herald declared "one of Spain's greatest guitarists." Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "Percussion Claviers de Lyon plays with great style and high energy." --allmusic.com
- Visit the artists' <a target="_blank" href="http://www.lespcl.com/en/ ">website</a>.
In this performance, Percussions Claviers de Lyon will demonstrate its versatility with its Portrait of Claude Debussy, a program celebrating the 150th anniversary of the impressionist composer’s birth, which includes works by Debussy as well as Thierry Pécou and François Narboni, French contemporary composers inspired by him.
Portrait of Claude Debussy
- Claude Debussy.....Two Nocturnes*
- Claude Debussy.....Four Preludes**
- François Narboni.....Rigodon***
- Thierry Pécou.....L'Arbre aux Fleurs / The Tree Flowers****
* For symphonic orchestra, transcription for percussion quintet by Gérard Lecointe
** For piano solo, transcription for percussion quintet by Gérard Lecointe
*** Homage to Claude Debussy
**** Commissioned by Percussions Claviers de Lyon