2011 Tony Award-Winning Play The Normal Heart, Direct From Broadway, at Arena Stage
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for The Normal Heart have expired.
The last date listed for The Normal Heart was Sunday July 29, 2012 / 7:30pm (Closing Night).
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Scooby and his colorful friends are driving their Mystery Machine to the Warner Theatre to solve one of the gang's signature comedy mysteries. A mischievous ghost is haunting a local theater, and it's up to Shaggy, Fred, Velma, Daphne and Scooby-Doo to get to the bottom of things. This new interactive live event features exciting production numbers, including one built around the famous theme song, "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" plus new tunes created just for this show. With its cartoonish capers, professional cast of actors, clever staging and spooky special effects, this hilariously fun musical will have young audiences on the edge of their seats, waiting for the big moment when the evildoer is unmasked. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "A great night at the theater." -<em>-The New York Times</em>
- "... riveting ..." --<em>Newsday</em>
- "If you only see one play, make it this one." --<em>Backstage</em>
- "... reaches out and grabs you with the force of an explosive new work." --<em>Hollywood Reporter</em>
- <em>"</em>Flawless … passionately raw … superb.”— <a target="_blank" href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/the-normal-heart-in-flawless-anguish-filled-revival-at-arena-stage/2012/06/17/gJQAODT2jV_story.html"><em>Washington Post</em></a>
- "It's hard to imagine a better production.”— <em><a target="_blank" href="http://www.washingtonian.com/blogs/afterhours/theater-review/theater-review-the-normal-heart-at-arena-stage.php">Washingtonian</a> (</em>4 Stars)
- “Extraordinarily intense.”— <a target="_blank" href="http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/classicalmusic/2012/06/searing_revival_of_the_normal.html"><em>Baltimore Sun</em></a>
- "Pitch-perfect"--<a target="_blank" href="http://washingtonexaminer.com/a-powerful-revival-at-arena-stage/article/745421"><em>Washington Examiner</em></a>
- <em>"</em>Must be seen."--<a target="_blank" href="http://www.talkinbroadway.com/regional/dc/dc603.html"><em>Talkin' Broadway</em></a>
- <em>"</em>A towering achievement."--<a target="_blank" href="http://dctheatrescene.com/2012/06/19/the-normal-heart-2/"><em>DC Theatre Scene</em></a>
- “Uproariously funny at times, emotionally intense.”— <a target="_blank" href="http://www.welovedc.com/2012/06/19/we-love-arts-the-normal-heart/"><em>We Love DC</em></a>
- "A must-see.”— <a target="_blank" href="http://www.mdtheatreguide.com/2012/06/theatre-review-the-normal-heart-at-arena-stage/"><em>Maryland Theatre Guide</em></a>
- <em>"</em>Arena Stage's production will doubtlessly inspire conversations that can end the silence and save lives."— <a target="_blank" href="http://washingtondc.showbizradio.net/2012/06/18/review-as-the-normal-heart/"><em>ShowBizRadio</em></a>
- "Not merely a great play; it's an important one. Don't miss it.”— <a target="_blank" href="http://www.womanaroundtown.com/sections/playing-around/the-normal-heart-a-tableau-of-rage"><em>Woman Around Town</em></a>
- <em>"</em>A heart-wrenching gem … this is a show that should not be missed.”— <a target="_blank" href="http://www.dcmetrotheaterarts.com/2012/06/15/the-normal-heart-at-arena-stage-at-the-mead-center-for-american-theater-by-alex-murphy/"><em>DC Metro Theater Arts</em></a> (5 Stars)
- "The best play I have ever seen … an unforgettable visit to the theater." — <a target="_blank" href="http://www.examiner.com/review/the-normal-heart-s-stunning-debut-at-arena-stage"><em>Examiner.com</em></a>
About the Ticket Supplier: Arena Stage
Arena Stage today stands as a flagship American theater. Arena Stage was one of the first not-for-profit theaters in the United States, as well as a pioneer of the regional theater movement. It was the first regional theater to transfer a production to Broadway, the first invited by the U.S. State Department to tour behind the Iron Curtain, and the first to receive a Tony Award. Taking a leadership role in extending theater’s horizons, Arena Stage has implemented groundbreaking policies and programs, promoting diversity in all aspects of theater, from theatergoing to production.
The Arena Stage legacy of world-class productions includes vast epics, charged dramas, rousing musicals, and probing profiles. From the monumental to the developmental, Arena Stage has helped build the canon of American theater. While they produce American classics, Arena Stage premieres new American plays and supported works in progress. They’ve nurtured artistic growth and engaged the community, broadening and intensifying the theatrical experience for one and all. And yet, in spite of it all, in their second half-century they see themselves as more fresh, restless and dynamic than ever.