BitchSlap! Chronicles the Feud Between Joan Crawford and Bette Davis
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for BitchSlap! have expired.
The last date listed for BitchSlap! was Thursday August 2, 2012 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Macha Theatre:
- Full Price:
- $25.69 - $39.69
- Our Price:
- $12.69 - $19.69
Hit comedy Women Are Crazy Because Men Are A**holes shines a harsh and hilarious spotlight on relationships in the modern world. The play, from writer-director Brad Gottfred, centers around single lady Nicole, who's finally meeting her new crush, Dylan, after a two-month internet courtship. The two get together along with several other couples at a celebratory brunch that quickly devolves into a series of sexual misadventures among all of the parties involved. After a sold-out run in Chicago, this crowd-pleasing comedy returns to Los Angeles before heading to the off-Broadway stage in 2014. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Jeremy
view more less of this review
This is one hell-of-a laugh riot, with delightful and appropriately outrageous performances -- two of three actors delicious in drag -- that give the hilarious play precisely the right energy. Actors are outstanding in recreating the "feud" between Joan Crawford and Bette Davis, two larger than life figures in real life, buffered and buffeted by a properly bitchy Hedda Hopper, all with precise comedy timing and devastatingly accurate over-the-top moves. Definitely GO!
Quotes & Highlights
- See a video preview of the show on YouTube.
- "The clever, literate, well-researched script, by Canadian writer and drag artist Darrin Hagen, includes plenty of lethal one-line zingers" --LA Weekly (Go!)
- "Avid fans of Bette Davis and Joan Crawford will love Bitchslap! This is a fun, fun, fun evening." --BroadwayWorld.com
- "spot on and brilliantly entertaining" --Tolucan Times
- "This really is a must-see" --Topanga Messenger
- "Catty barbs fly fast and furious as the notorious rivalry between screen greats Joan Crawford and Bette Davis is examined through the eyes of gossip columnist Hedda Hopper in this ribald comedy." --Advocate Hot Sheet
Produced and Directed by Odalys Nanin
Starring: Michael Taylor Gray, Stephen Foster, Therese McLaughlin and Jeanne Carr.
This production contains the use of herbal cigarettes.