Coffee With Goldstar and Il Divo
Grab yourself a cappuccino and settle in for a cozy online chat with the four hunky members of operatic pop group Il Divo. The fun starts tomorrow at 4pm EST/1pm PST on Coffee With Goldstar. Ask Il Divo anything you want.
Not sure what to ask? Here are 10 fun facts about Il Divo to get your ideas brewing. (Pun intended.)
- Il Divo is Italian for “Divine Male Performer” or “Male Diva.”
- The group was created by American Idol judge Simon Cowell.
- The members are from four different countries — France (Sébastien), Spain (Carlos), Switzerland (Urs) and the U.S. (David).
- They’ve recorded songs in English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Latin and Japanese.
- Their chic suits are designed by Giorgio Armani, who’s an Il Divo fan.
- They’ve toured with Barbra Streisand.
- They’ve performed for President Obama, the Queen and Royal Family, and at the closing ceremonies of the 2012 Olympics.
- Along with Toni Braxton, they performed the official theme song for the 2006 World Cup, “The Time of Our Lives.”
- Among their famous covers: Elvis Presley’s “Can’t Help Falling in Love,” Simon & Garfunkel’s “Bridge Over Troubled Water,” Celine Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On,” Dolly Parton’s “I Will Always Love You,” “Somewhere” from West Side Story, and “The Impossible Dream” from Man of La Mancha.
- They’re in the Guinness Book of World Records as the most successful classical crossover group in history.
Tune in tomorrow — Tuesday, February 9 at 4pm EST/1pm PST — to chat with Il Divo live. And check our Il Divo page for tickets to their latest tour, Amor & Pasion, coming your way later this year.