Hubbard Street Dance Chicago Returns to Cal Performances with West Coast Premieres
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Hubbard Street Dance Chicago Returns to Cal Performances was Saturday October 30, 2010 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Cal Performances' Zellerbach Hall
- Full Price:
- $30 - $48
- Our Price:
- $15 - $36
A visual feast of color and movement set to pulse-pounding drumming, Balé Folclórico da Bahia's… More
Quotes & Highlights
“A trio of beautiful, thoughtful works.” —Chicago Tribune
Long known as a home for leading-edge European choreographers, Hubbard Street Dance Chicago returns to Cal Performances with West Coast premieres by two Spanish dance-makers—Nacho Duato’s Arcangelo, and Hubbard Street resident choreographer Alejandro Cerrudo’s Deep Down Dos and Blanco. The program also features Jiří Kylián’s 27’52", a dance in which motion and spoken text move forward and backward in startling combinations. *
- Nacho Duato: Arcangelo, music by Corelli and Scarlatti * *
- Alejandro Cerrudo: Deep Down Dos, music by Mason Bates *
- Alejandro Cerrudo: Blanco, music by Felix Mendelssohn and Charles Valentin Alkan *
- Jiří Kylián: 27’52", music by Dirk Haubrich based on Mahler