Boston Harbor Island Cruise: History, Mysteries and More
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Boston Harbor Island Cruise was Saturday October 31, 2015 / 2:00pm.
Highlights on this 2-hour cruise:
- A pass by Fort Independence, taking in views of Boston’s Seaport District along the way.
- See Spectacle Island and hear how she has been transformed from Ice Age to the Big Dig of Boston.
- Cruise by Long Island and see Long Island Head Light, a decommissioned lighthouse, but one of our nation’s first cast iron lighthouses.
- Check out the mysterious sunken island known as Nixes Mate.
- Also, on this two-hour cruise, you’ll see Fort Warren on George’s Island and hear about the mysterious woman in black.
- Other islands that will be seen on this trip are: Lovell’s Island that is famous for many shipwrecks, Gallops Island, Deer Island where Boston’s water treatment facility is stationed, and Rainsford Island.
- In the distance, you may be able to see Graves Lighthouse and Boston Light, the oldest lighthouse in America.
Alcoholic beverages (beer, wine and sparkling wine) are available for purchase ($5), while soda and water are complimentary. You may bring food aboard, please consider bringing a small packed picnic with you.
Wear comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing. We recommend light layers and flat shoes.
The Beacon is not ADA-compliant.