Comic Deception and Intrigue in Moliere's Lovers' Quarrels
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Lovers' Quarrels was Saturday April 19, 2014 / 4:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby
- Full Price:
- $30 - $40
- Our Price:
- COMP - $20
Back in 1963, the legendary star of stage and screen Judy Garland starred in a now-iconic Christmas… More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from David BrennerRed Velvet
view more less of this review
Combines movement, eclectic music, classic slapstick, costumes and comic posing with excellent recitation of Moliere's (translated) rhymed couplets into a playful, fun, entertaining evening of creative theater. Not many local companies could pull this off - imaginary beasts can! Don't miss them.
star this review starred report as inappropriate
I was interested to see a production of a Moliere play I had not heard of before, especially since it was done in a modified commedia del arte style: the cast was put through its physical paces. The Richard Wilbur translation was also fun to hear....continued
Quotes & Highlights
- “…this is the most charming ensemble in town, and their efforts are far closer to the spirit of true commedia, I think, than much of what we’ve seen lately on larger stages.” —The Hub Review
- “They handle the featherweight verse like jugglers, keeping it aloft even as they are turning somersaults.” —Boston Arts Review
- “…imaginary beasts fling open their toy box and let the playthings rule in their sizzling production of Molière’s 1656 comedy Lovers’ Quarrels.” —EDGE Boston
- “… an intricately woven ensemble piece” —"The White Rhino Report
- “It’s an enormously fun production and exactly the kind of show needed in grim, March weather.” —The New England Theater Geek
This performance is approximately two hours with one 10-minute intermission.