The Pianist of Willesden Lane: Pianist Mona Golabek Melds Music With Historical Drama
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for The Pianist of Willesden Lane have expired.
The last date listed for The Pianist of Willesden Lane was Saturday December 15, 2012 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $57.50 - $77.50
- Our Price:
- $30.55 - $51.53
The entertainment phenomenon known as the Blue Man Group is an outrageous experience that you'll never forget. Wildly imaginative and family friendly, this exuberant stage show cleverly combines comedy, art and science with fabulous visual effects and Grammy-nominated music to create a totally unique form of entertainment. There's lots of audience interaction with the blue bald guys, as well as a pulsating finale set to an original music score. Located in the heart of Boston's Theater District and just steps from Boston Common, the Charles Playhouse is Boston's longtime home of Blue Man Group. It's can't-miss entertainment for ages 7 to 70 and beyond! Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- Check out a <a target="_blank" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Vx4WAopAVjw">video preview</a> of <em>The Pianist of Willesden Lane</em>.
- Read <a target="_blank" href="https://www.goldstar.com/events/los-angeles-ca/the-pianist-of-willesden-lane">Goldstar members' great reviews</a> for <em>The Pianist of Willesden Lane</em> at Los Angeles' Geffen Playhouse.
- "In <em>The Pianist of Willesden Lane</em>, keyboard virtuoso Mona Golabek essentially channels her mother, pianist Lisa Jura, and strikes musical and emotional notes that transcend technical display or biographical sentiment. This elegant, heartfelt solo show ... is an arresting, deeply affecting triumph." --<a target="_blank" href="http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr/26/entertainment/la-et-cm-pianist-of-willesden-lane-review-20120426"><em>Los Angeles Times</em></a>
- "Golabek's keyboard technique is liquid silk, with a fluidity that's as powerful as it is nimble. She reminds us of the transformative power of art in even the darkest of times." --<a target="_blank" href="http://blogs.laweekly.com/arts/2012/05/mona_golabek_in_the_pianist_of_willesden_lane.php"><em>LA Weekly</em></a>
- "A touching and reassuring reminder that the ageless magnificence of great art can stubbornly, resolutely overshadow man's inhumanity to man.” --<a target="_blank" href="http://www.backstage.com/bso/reviews-la-theatre/la-review-the-pianist-of-willesden-lane-1006924152.story"><em>Backstage</em></a>
- “Marvelously adapted and directed by Hershey Felder, Lisa Jura's story is a theatrical experience not to be missed ... This is stunning theatre that will leave you emotionally breathless.” --<a target="_blank" href="http://losangeles.broadwayworld.com/article/BWW-Reviews-Geffen-Presents-Breathtaking-PIANIST-OF-WILLESDEN-LANE-20120501">broadwayworld.com</a>
Presented by ArtsEmerson: The World on Stage
Adapted and Directed by Hershey Felder
Based on the book The Children of Willesden Lane by Mona Golabek and Lee Cohen
American concert pianist Mona Golabek has appeared at the Hollywood Bowl, the Kennedy Center and Royal Festival Hall. She is a Grammy nominee and has received numerous awards. She has been the subject of several documentaries including Concerto for Mona with conductor Zubin Mehta. Ms. Golabek’s syndicated radio program, The Romantic Hours, combines music with poetry. Her recordings include Carnival of the Animals and Ravel’s Mother Goose Suite featuring Meryl Streep, both recorded with Ms. Golabek’s sister, Renee Golabek-Kaye. Both daughters were taught by their mother, Lisa Jura, who is the subject of Ms. Golabek’s acclaimed book, The Children of Willesden Lane. Ms. Golabek founded Hold On To Your Music, a foundation devoted to spreading the message of the power of music. With the help of the Milken Family Foundation and the Annenberg Foundation, she created educational resources which, with her book, have been adopted into school curricula across America.