The Haunted Pumpkin Garden: Halloween Family Fun at The New York Botanical Garden
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for The Haunted Pumpkin Garden was Thursday October 31, 2013 / All Day (10:00am - 6:00pm).
Reviews & Ratings
report as inappropriate
Really well done. Flowers, mushrooms and even a house made of pumpkins. The faces carved were all different. All the children seemed to be having a lot of fun.
Last year a waterfall filled with pumpkins on each ledge was no longer running. For...continued
report as inappropriate
a little bit of walking from the entrance but found a bench to rest on the way; voucher easily redeemable; friendly ticket taker; exhibit was more extensive than I thought; well worth the money; actually ran across the second in command who set...continued
Ongoing Haunted Pumpkin Garden Activities
_Tuesdays – Fridays: 1:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays (and Monday, October 14): 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
In the Everett Children’s Adventure Garden _
- Join a Halloween Parade (meet at the Pumpkin House, weekdays at 1:30 p.m. & weekends at 1 & 3 p.m.).
- Collect fallen fruits and seeds in your scavenger hunt bag.
- Put on your own performance in the Pumpkin Puppet Theater.
- Enjoy spooky readings from favorite Halloween storybooks on weekends (2 & 3:30 p.m.).
*Weekend Fun: Ugh! Bugs & Creepy Creatures of Halloween
- _Saturdays and Sundays (and Monday, October 14): 12 p.m. & 2 p.m.
At the Clay Family Picnic Pavilions (Except 10/19-10/20 when at the Discovery Plaza)_
Some of the animals that make us scream are actually the coolest animals
around. Come slither, slide, creep, and scurry along with us and learn why
these “creepy” animals aren¹t so scary after all. Participants will meet
critters from around the world for some hands-on animal presentations and
discover the unique adaptations which help them survive in their habitats.
*Pumpkin Carver’s Studio
- _Saturdays and Sundays (plus Monday, October 14): 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
In the Discovery Center’s Bendheim Global Greenhouse _
Watch how pumpkin creations are carved as an expert carver translates
ideas into art. Learn some tips to try at home on your own pumpkins and
*Gone Batty! Live Bat Encounter
- _October 12-14 (Columbus Day Weekend); 1 p.m. & 3 p.m.
At the Clay Family Picnic Pavilions_
Meet a Big Brown Bat from North America and come face-to-face with the
largest bat in the world, the Gigantic Flying Fox of Malaysia. Find out
how to help protect these unique mammals.
*Giant Pumpkin Carving Weekend
- _October 19 & 20: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
At the Clay Family Picnic Pavilions _
Giant pumpkins from around the world once again arrive at the Garden,
arranged in collaboration with the Great Pumpkin Commonwealth. Watch
Master Carvers Ray Villafane and Andy Bergholtz transform these pumpkins
into unearthly creatures. Enjoy daily Q&A sessions with the carvers and
snack on seasonal treats provided by Whole Foods Market.