Discover Old Town: Past and Present Walking Tour
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Discover Old Town: Past and Present was Saturday May 31, 2014 / Noon.
Most Popular Tours & Cruises Event Nearby
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- COMP - $7.50
Before taking off on your next trip, journey over to this year's Chicago Travel & Adventure Show and… More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Kenneth Small
view more less of this review
This was an absolutely splendid tour. The guide (Joyce) really knows her stuff. She is enthusiastic, engaging, and easy to understand. Very interesting neighborhood with many houses from late 1800s, some kept up beautifully and others being replaced with expensive modern buildings as the neighborhood gentrifies. Joyce is up to date on all aspects. Another highlight is St. Michael's church, which survived the Chicago fire and was just renovated a second time.
star this review starred report as inappropriate
This was a wonderful tour of the Old Town neighborhood at a great Goldstar price. I am a life long Chicagoan and have never walked down these streets or been to St. Michael's church. Learned so much of the history of the area from the Chicago...continued
Old Town is one of Chicago’s most architecturally diverse neighborhoods – from Gazillionaires Row to 1880 homes to charming cottages – and everything in between!
• Explore the Armitage Ave shopping boutiques
• Discover the hidden architectural gems throughout the neighborhood
• Step into one of the few structures that “survived” the Great Chicago Fire of 1871
• Learn about the interesting history of Crilly Court
What you’ll see:
- • St. Michael’s Church
• Historic Well Street
• The Old Town Triangle District
• The home of the famous Second City
• A vast array of architecture, from stunning Victorians to working-class cottages to modern 21st century mansions
The tour will end at Zanies, where you will have an opportunity to get an up-close and personal look at the inner workings of one of Chicago’s premier comedy clubs, and a free pass to an upcoming show!
The walk cover approximately 2 miles at a leisurely pace and runs 2 to 2.5 hours.
Please note that tour guide gratuity is not included in the tour price, so if you enjoy your tour, tips are very much appreciated.