Explosive Gay-Rights Drama Revisits '69 Stonewall Riots in Hit the Wall
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Hit the Wall was Sunday May 25, 2014 / 2:30pm.
Currently at Greenhouse Theater Center
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
America's best comic writer pays homage to Russia's greatest playwright in Neil Simon's The Good… More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Henk GreenRed Velvet
view more less of this review
The volume of the music destroyed my eardrums and had to put my fingers in my ears. But still loved this show. I've seen it at Steppenwolf Garage and this production doesn't disappoint. The performers draw you in, shake the hell out of you, and remind us of the struggles, bigotry,and how we queers were considered worthless before it was " OK to be GAY".
star this review starred report as inappropriate
I was a little apprehensive at first, listening to the three piece rock band assault our ears at full volume with late 60's hits. But once the drama began, I was swept away with the intense and honest portrayals of the people involved with the...continued
Quotes & Highlights
- “Hit the Wall remains one of the Chicago greats … this is far and away the best visual staging of the three I’ve seen.”—Chicago Tribune
- “The spontaneous, raucous energy that first made Hoff’s production such a hit too is alive and well in this production, which is part concert, part revolt.”—Time Out Chicago
- “Hit the Wall returns with an even better riot … more awful-beautiful than before.”—Chicago Reader
- “If you see only one show before Memorial Day, make it this one.”—Windy City Times