Explosive Gay-Rights Drama Revisits '69 Stonewall Riots in Hit the Wall
$10 - $22.50*
$20 - $45
With the help of a howling live rock band, Hit the Wall brings you back to the very flashpoint of the famed 1969 riot that's considered the first major battle in the modern gay-rights movement. Ike Holter's riveting and vividly staged play centers on a diverse group -- including an African-American drag queen, a butch lesbian, a fiercely funny gay duo and a bigoted, gay-bashing cop, among others -- as a joyful evening at a gay nightclub is brutally interrupted by a police raid that touches off days of violent protests.
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
All offers for Hit the Wall have expired.
The last date listed for Hit the Wall was Sunday May 25, 2014 / 2:30pm.
Quotes & Highlights
- “Hit the Wall remains one of the Chicago greats … this is far and away the best visual staging of the three I’ve seen.”—Chicago Tribune
- “The spontaneous, raucous energy that first made Hoff’s production such a hit too is alive and well in this production, which is part concert, part revolt.”—Time Out Chicago
- “Hit the Wall returns with an even better riot … more awful-beautiful than before.”—Chicago Reader
- “If you see only one show before Memorial Day, make it this one.”—Windy City Times