The Christmas Schooner: An Annual Family Holiday Tradition
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for The Christmas Schooner was Saturday December 31, 2016 / 8:00pm.
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from newenglandRed Velvet
view more less of this review
"We all have a story," With this rousing song, the musical based on a true story, begins. The words "heart-warming", and "poignant", come to mind when I think of this show. By portraying the story of a German immigrant community in 19th century Michigan, it says something about the strong family ties, the dreams and the optimism that sustain people in a new land. It also reflects a deep understanding of Christmas - the value of friends and family, the love that can envelop and transform both the giver and the receiver.
The music is wonderful; the actors are perfectly cast. All - including the children in the cast- have fine voices. I would recommend this for the entire family. I have seen it twice and intend to go back next year!
report as inappropriate
The Christmas Schooner was a beautiful surprise. My mom and sister came in for an early Christmas. Tickets through Goldstar were very reasonable and I figured the play would be average but decent for a holiday play. Wow. Were we blown away. Every...continued
Quotes & Highlights
- “A sacred part of a Chicago Christmas!” —Chicago Tribune
- “This year’s voyage is overflowing with sincerity and love, and audiences will indeed ‘Take it, and pass it on.’” —Colin Douglas, Chicago Theater Review
- “A full, uproarious cast finds harmony in the telling of a now classic Chicago holiday show.” —Kaitlyn Kearn, Chicago Stage Standard
- “It is the story itself and the ensemble of actors … that tell this story and make this more than a play, but rather an experience and even better a memory.” —Alan Bresloff, Around the Town Chicago
Running time is 2 hours and 15 minutes, including intermission.