They Call Me Mister Fry, a Funny and Profound Solo Show
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for They Call Me Mister Fry have expired.
The last date listed for They Call Me Mister Fry was Wednesday August 10, 2011 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $60.00 - $95.00
- Our Price:
- $60.00 - $95.00
Hailed as "the best musical of this century" by Ben Brantley of The New York Times and "the funniest musical of all time" by Entertainment Weekly, The Book of Mormon won nine Tony Awards -- including Best Musical -- in its first year on Broadway. Now the national touring production is back at the Pantages for a second round of hilarity. Written by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone along with Robert Lopez, the Tony-winning co-creator of Avenue Q, this musical comedy is a show that The Daily Show's Jon Stewart has called "a crowning achievement. So good it makes me angry." Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
This was a very entertaining show performed by a marvelous actor.
He puts a tremendous amount of emotion into his characters. It's
very challenging to put on a good one-man show for almost two
hours, but he succeeds. Definitely worth the money.
star this review starred report as inappropriate
Better and more poigniant than anything I've seen at the movies or in the theater in the last two years! WONDERFUL! It was insightful, educational, thought provoking and funny! Need space for another star. I'd recommend it to everyone!
Quotes & Highlights
- "On stage,<em> Mister Fry</em> makes the grade!" --<em>Los Angeles Times</em>
- "Jack Fry is the Patch Adams of education, the highest quality of Off Broadway theatre" --<em>LA Examiner</em>
- Critic's Pick for Best of the Fest --Capital Fringe
- "Gritty but hopeful" --<em>Curtain Up New York</em>
- "A must see" --socal.com
- "A talented blend of comedy and emotion" --<em>Valley Scene Magazine</em>
- "Freiberger wins over his audience...he masterfully plays two problem students." --<em>LA Weekly,</em> GO!<em> </em>
- "By all means see it and leave inspired!" --<em>Our Town New York</em> (Theater Pick of the Week)
- "This production has enough heart, audacity, and originality to stand out from the crowd mainly because of the artistry of Jack Fry." --dctheaterscene.com
- "Intense and intimate...many laughs..." --<em>NUVO</em>
- "<em>They Call Me Mister Fry</em> is directed by my first director Jeff Michalski, so you know it's got to be good." --Stephen Colbert, (<em>The Colbert Report</em>)
- See <a target="_blank" href="http://www.goldstar.com/events/new-york-city-ny/they-call-me-mister-fry.html">Goldstar member reviews</a> of <em>They Call Me Mister Fry'</em>s successful New York run at Comic Strip Live.<em> </em>
The award-winning and critically-acclaimed They Call Me Mister Fry returns to Los Angeles. It's the true, funny, yet poignant story of a first year teacher teaching fifth-grade in a South Central classroom. The story focuses on his relationship with two challenging students and his journey through the bowels of big city bureaucracy, but also his efforts to find his place in the world in this beautiful story about transformation, redemption, the fragility of life, and what we think our purpose is.