Screenings, Workshops & More at Gwinnett Center International Film Fest
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Gwinnett Center International Film Festival was Sunday August 3, 2014 / 11:00am - 9:00pm.
Most Popular Under $10 Event Nearby
- Full Price:
- $47.52 - $62.64
- Our Price:
- COMP - $37
As part of the National Black Arts Festival, six time Grammy-nominated jazz vocalist Nnenna Freelon… More
Quotes & Highlights
- Visit the festival website to see the schedule of films and workshops.
Friday, Aug 1, 8:00pm-10:30pm: Opening Night Screening – The Cure
Dominic Wells told Kennedy his girlfriend he loved her and kissed her goodbye like he always did when leaving for an assignment. She watched him walk away towards his transport, not realizing she would never see him again. Dominic, a 1st lieutenant in the United States Army set out with his team to execute a simple mission they could do in their sleep, but things quickly go wrong and Dominic is captured, leaving the rest of his team unaccounted for. Before escaping captivity, Dominic is injected with something he quickly learns he needs a vaccine for. Armed with a gun and a list of names Dominic sets out to find a cure, and anyone standing in his way God help them. Rick Sampson is a detective assigned to investigate a string of high profile murders in the area that he believes are connected with the recent jail break. His investigation is about to put him on a colliding path with Dominic, but as information unfolds, Rick finds himself to be in the middle of something much more than a murder investigation. Both men will stop at nothing to get to the bottom of what’s going on, but neither have any idea how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Saturday, Aug 2:
- Movie screenings begin at 11:00am and will conclude with a special screening of Kevin Spacey’s documentary, NOW: In the Wings on a World Stage.
- There will be four panel discussions throughout the day from 12:30pm-5:00pm, including a session on Utilizing Special and Make Up FX in Film.
Sunday, Aug 3:
- Screenings will begin at 11:00am and will conclude with a special screening of a Family Georgia-filmed, Santa’s Boot Camp.
- Four panel discussions throughout the day from 12:30pm-5:00pm, including a session on Casting 101.