Mozart, Vivaldi, Haydn & More In Glendale Youth Orchestra Concert
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Glendale Youth Orchestra Concert was Tuesday June 5, 2007 / 7:30pm.
Currently at Alex Theatre
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
The origin of one of the most iconic (and misquoted) movie lines in cinema history -- "I don't have… More
Reviews & Ratings
star this review starred report as inappropriate
The concert last night of the Glendale Youth Orchestra was wonderful. Six of the members played parts from concerto's which was really nice to showcase that talent within this group. The youngest soloist was only in 6th grade & he played the cello...continued
The evening concert will open with the lovely overture to “The Marriage of Figaro” by Mozart.
This will be followed by a Soloist Spectacular, featuring GYO Soloists:
- Ibert-Flute Concerto (first movement) Carol Joe, flute
- Haydn-Cello Concerto (first movement) Jerry Joo, cello
- Vivaldi-Bassoon Concerto (1st and 3rd movements) Andrew Marlin, bassoon
- Dittersdorf- Double Bass Concerto (first movement) Zachary Price, bass
- Strauss-Oboe Concerto (fourth movement) Amira Polack, oboe
- Strauss-Horn Concerto (first movement) Jon Lusher, French horn
The concert will conclude with Felix Mendelssohn’s Symphony No. 1, written when he was only 15, the average age of the remarkable musicians onstage!
About the Ticket Supplier: Glendale Youth Orchestra
The GYO is a non-profit organization located in Glendale, California, that provides dedicated young musicians an extraordinary opportunity to perform classical music in a formal orchestral setting. The GYO’s mission is based on the belief that our young people have a better chance of succeeding in their world if they appreciate and participate in its rich artistic and cultural traditions.