Italian Inflections: Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra and Mezzo-Soprano Jennifer Larmore
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Italian Inflections was Saturday September 29, 2007 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Alex Theatre
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Come laugh along with the "ghost with the most" -- aka the afterlife's leading freelance… More
Reviews & Ratings
star this review starred report as inappropriate
It was fabulous. The venue is intimate, so we had a great sense of personal connection with the musicians in the chamber orchestra - a real feeling of communication from individual players. And Jennifer Laramore was wonderful. We were...continued
Quotes & Highlights
“(Larmore has) one of opera’s most glorious bel canto voices” – Chicago Sun-Times
” An adventurous and charismatic conductor and an intuitive programmer… [Kahane’s presence] is enough to spread sparks.” -Oregon Tribune
Delight in arias sung by celebrated mezzo-soprano Jennifer Larmore and the symphony Schubert wrote under the direct influence of Italian opera. The achingly beautiful lament by Latvian Peteris Vasks provides a moving contrast.
- Rossini Overture from L’Italiana in Algeri
- Rossini Aria “Amici, in ogni evento…Pensa alla patria” from L’italiana in Algeri
- Mozart Aria “Parto, ma tu ben mio” from La clemenza di Tito
- Mozart Aria “Deh, per questo istante solo” from La clemenza di Tito
- Rossini Aria “Una voce poco fa” from Il barbiere di Siviglia
- Vasks Musica Dolorosa
- Schubert Symphony No. 3 in D major