Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra Three-Concert Family Series
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra Family Series was Sunday February 7, 2010 / 2:00pm (Plus Mar. 28 and May 2).
Currently at Alex Theatre
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- Sold Out
Celebrity guest Alan Cumming -- best known for his award-winning turns in Cabaret and The Good Wife… More
Let LACO share the joy of music with the young people in your life with these interactive concerts and fun activities. This 3-concert family series takes place on Sunday afternoons. The family-friendly concerts last about an hour, including a Q&A following the concerts for kids to ask questions to the performers.
This special package includes tickets to all 3 of these concerts at the Alex Theatre:
Sunday, February 7, 2010 – Family Concert 1: Carnival of the Animals
- Saint-Saëns: Carnival of the Animals
Sunday, March 28, 2010 – Family Concert 2: Fly Me to the Moon
- Beethoven: Excerpts from Symphony No. 6 in F major, “Pastoral”
- Ravel: Excerpts from Mother Goose
Sunday, May 2, 2010 – Family Concert 3: Jokin’ Baroque
- Boyce: Concerto Grosso in B-flat major
- Geminiani: Concerto Grosso in D minor, “La Follia” (“The Folly”)
- Telemann: Viola Concerto in G major
- Bach: Concerto in D minor for Two Violins
Each concert features:
1pm – 2 pm: Kids get to bang, pluck, bow and blow on real instruments at the popular Instrument Petting Zoo and enjoy fun-filled pre-concert activities, themed around the music, with Kidspace Children’s Museum and concert partners.
2pm: The concert begins. The short programs are designed to introduce kids to the wonder of classical music. Each concert includes an opportunity for young ones to ask questions of the musicians.
Recommended for children 5 years and older.