Local Shorts by L.A. Directors, Plus In-Person Discussion With Filmmakers
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Local Shorts was Thursday July 16, 2015 / 7:30pm.
Most Popular Under $10 Event Nearby
- Full Price:
- $15 - $50
- Our Price:
- $10 - $33
Taste the best barbecue in Southern California while taking in some live horse racing at Santa Anita… More
- Joris Debeij’s Making It in America (USA, 9 min.). This Sundance-selected documentary short profiles a Salvadoran immigrant who fled to the United States as a teenager and is now a single mother striving to build a future for her family in Los Angeles.
- Armen Antranikian’s The Girlfriend Game (USA, 15 min.). Things get out of hand for a couple who play twisted, erotic games at bars with strangers.
- Eric Anderson’s The Looking Planet (USA, 14 min.). In this multi-award-winning, gorgeously animated short, a young creator of galaxies has some of his own creative ideas.
- Erica A. Watson’s Roubado (USA, 18 min.). In the South of France, a teenager has a fraught relationship with his mother’s new boyfriend.
- Jennifer Morrison’s Warning Labels (USA, 14 min.). Morrison, star of ABC’s “Once Upon a Time,” directed this romantic comedy about two workers from the CDC who meet and find that love is the most hazardous thing of all.
- Knut Erik Jensen’s Voice of Life (USA/Norway, 14 min.). The 1903 short story by Nobel laureate Knut Hamsun becomes a dreamlike encounter between a man and a woman on a desolate night on Hollywood Boulevard in this modern adaptation written and directed by veteran Norwegian filmmaker Knut Erik Jensen (STELLA POLARIS, ICEKISS, COOL AND CRAZY). L.A. Premiere!
- Michael Mohan’s Pink Grapefruit (USA, 9 min.). In this Sundance/SXSW short, a young married couple brings two single friends out to Palm Springs for a long weekend. It does not go as planned.