Star Trek The Tour: Original Props, Costumes and Fun Activities at the Queen Mary Dome
The last date listed for Star Trek The Tour was Sunday, Jan 27, 2008 / Various Times.
Most Popular Tours & Cruises Event Nearby
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Take a break to relax and unwind in the middle of your busy week on this two-hour sunset cruise over… More
Star Trek The Tour, the largest interactive Star Trek exhibit ever, makes its North American debut at the Queen Mary Dome in Long Beach.
This unprecedented event will give the public the opportunity to step inside the Star Trek world and become active participants in the legacy that has captured the imagination of generations: From the chance to sit on a spaceship bridge from the Original TV series to traveling through space on motion simulators, Star Trek The Tour offers the whole family the opportunity to be fully immersed in the action. Plus, the Tour features the world’s largest collection of authentic Star Trek ships, sets, costumes and props from all 5 TV series and 10 films over the last 40 years.
Highlights of Star Trek The Tour include:
- The chance to take a ride through a Star Trek adventure in four full-motion, show-based flight simulators.
- An all-new multimedia Encounter Theater, built like a theater in the round with 360-degree video screens. Computer-generated sequences put visitors in the middle of the Star Trek action.
- The opportunity for exhibit-goers to sit on a full-size Enterprise bridge from the original TV series and have their photo taken and superimposed with an image of the original cast—including Spock, McCoy and Scotty—to look as if the Enterprise crew is standing right next to them.
- Recreations of original sets from Star Trek: The Next Generation, including Captain Picard’s quarters, Dr. Crusher’s sick bay and the majestic NCC-1701-D Bridge.
- The ability for guests to star with the original cast in an episode of their choice and watch themselves interact with Star Trek icons such as Spock and Scotty. Guests can take home a DVD of their cameo to share with family and friends.
The 50,000 square foot exhibition is equal in size to nearly two football fields filled with 250 tons of priceless Star Trek sets, original props, costumes and creations. Star Trek The Tour brings together some of Hollywood’s finest craftsmen and artists who created and shaped the signature look and image of Star Trek over the years, including production designer Herman Zimmerman, costume designer Robert Blackman, make-up artist Michael Westmore and visual effects creator Dan Curry. All of these original Star Trek artists lent their talents to Star Trek The Tour to provide visitors with an authentic, behind-the-scenes view. Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry’s son, Eugene “Rod” Roddenberry, provides a rare insider’s look at what it took to make his father’s vision into reality as he narrates a tribute to the man who started it all.
“Years in the making, the creation of Star Trek The Tour has been a voyage of discovery worthy of the show itself,” explained Martin Biallas, CEO of SEE Touring Productions, Inc, which is producing the event. “Over the past 10 years, we secured privileged access to the vaults for the Star Trek TV shows and films, plucked select gems and tirelessly assembled the world’s leading collection of priceless Star Trek sets, ships, props and costumes. Now, we’re bringing Star Trek to life and inviting the public to experience it up-close-and-personal in a way never before possible.”