Dirt: New Father-Son Drama from Rogue Machine Theatre
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Dirt was Sunday February 27, 2011 / Noon.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby
- Full Price:
- $69 - $89
- Our Price:
- $39 - $49
See Emmy nominee Darren Criss (Glee) like you've never seen him before when he steps into the golden… More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
Absolutely frightening in it's intensity. the play illicits an incredible performance from the lead actor in the role of Papa, a proud, independent traditional farmer who's never asked for, or needed help from anyone.
The script does not shrink from ugly, ethical, life-end questions.
* Does one have the right to decide how one's final years will be spent, even if disabled, or demented?
* Does an adult child owe support, emotional, physical, or financial to a parent who may have been emotionally (or physically) abusive, and with whom ties have been long severed?
* Do un-related members of the community have a moral obligation to step in if they witness or suspect elder-abuse?
* Is elder abuse elder abuse if the person in question is strong, irrational, and has already taken violent action against those "offering help"?
Do not see the play if you cannot handle violence or heavy topics.
That said, none of the violence is gratuitous.
star this review starred report as inappropriate
Superb acting from all 3 performers, with an exceptional performance from the actor playing Papa. Very emotional, keeps you pinned to your seat asking for more. Scenic design was fabulous, simple, yet so very real. Highly recommend you see this...continued
Quotes & Highlights
Follow Rogue Machine Theatre on Facebook.
When an estranged son returns home and finds his father fighting to hold onto his mind, they are thrust into a struggle to control their land and the memories it holds. Dirt explores how we forge our identities through our connections to our home, to our past, and to each other.