"Genius" Playwright McCraney's The Brothers Size: Acclaimed Drama
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for The Brothers Size was Saturday September 6, 2014 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Fountain Theatre
- Full Price:
- $30 - $35
- Our Price:
Inspired by true events, Stephen Sachs' lively comedy paints a wry and winning portrait of Maude, an… More
Quotes & Highlights
- “This is sure to be one of the season’s memorable productions … seamless physicality and dramatic urgency … intoxicating choreography … The muscular ensemble doesn’t let up for a moment.” —LA Weekly
- “An atmosphere of mythic mystery suffuses Tarrell Alvin McCraney’s compelling drama about family, sacrifice, and deceit … Director Finney enacts the goings on with urgency and vigor, and the cast delivers ferociously intense and organic acting work … affecting both as a work of folklore and as a gritty commentary on the role of African Americans in contemporary American society.” —Stage and Cinema
- “Playwright Tarell Alvin McCraney boasts a rare talent: an utterly distinctive voice. He sounds like no one else, his cadences hearty and beautiful. I am in love with his voice, and in all likelihood you will feel the same way … Rhapsodic flights of poetically rhythmic language and compelling physical immediacy … It all works to splendid effect throughout under the absolutely attuned direction of Shirley Jo Finney.” —The Hollywood Reporter
- “Shirley Jo Finney’s vibrant direction, the vivid choreography and songs, and the remarkable three-man cast make this intimate production richly theatrical.” —Los Angeles Times, Critic’s Pick
The performance is approximately one hour and 25 minutes, with no intermission.
This show contains strong language.