Around Manhattan Historical Jazz Cruise
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Around Manhattan Historical Jazz Cruise was Sunday August 29, 2010 / 2:15pm.
Currently at Yacht Manhattan
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Experience the twinkling Manhattan skyline during those magical moments just after nightfall, and… More
Take a journey through time aboard this Manhattan excursion that features live jazz music with historical background as you view the iconic skyline of Manhattan! Light commentary on the cultural and economic forces that shaped the evolution of this music connects the jazz pieces to the sites where they originated as you cruise around the entire island of Manhattan and through a century of New York City Jazz history aboard the aptly named 1920s style yacht Manhattan.
Hosted by Mike McGarril and the Classic Harbor Line Jazz Trio (all graduates of the New School for Jazz Performance), you’ll experience a comfortable and unique cruise through the Hudson, East and Harlem Rivers with gorgeous 360-degree views of the island from the climate-controlled observatory.
On this 2.75-hour cruise, you’ll journey around the entire island of Manhattan while listening and learning to the past century of NYC jazz.
Specific highlights include:
• The Empire State Building, the Upper West Side and the Harlem River
• Music made famous by NYC-based jazz legends such as Duke Ellington & Charlie Parker, plus selections from the Great American Songbook
• Parts of the Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens, as well as the complete NYC skyline
• The United Nations and the Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges over the East River
• New York Harbor icons the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
One complimentary beverage will be provided, along with an assortment of light hors d’ oeuvres.