Father's Day Match Race Sail on the Schooners Adirondack and Imagine
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Father's Day Match Race Sail was Sunday June 15, 2008 / Noon.
This Father’s Day, Classic Harbor Line will host a Schooner Match Race between the Adirondack and the Imagine. Grab your dad for a fun-filled afternoon aboard these schooners with a lunch of fresh fruit, gourmet sandwiches, chips and dessert as highly experienced racing crews and captains compete in a three-hour match race starting from the Chelsea Piers.
The race route will vary based on the winds and tides during the event, but sites you’ll view along the way are:
- The New York City skyline
- Ellis Island, the immigrant doorway to America from 1892 to 1954
- Twenty-acre Battery Park at the southern tip of Manhattan, where artillery has been stationed over the centuries
- The Statue of Liberty, a French gift that arrived in New York Harbor in 1885 and has come to represent our nation’s freedom and ideals.
Complimentary beer and soda will be provided. (Note: A few rounds will be served, but this is not an unlimited “booze cruise.” The idea is to create an elegant, relaxing and safe experience for all guests.)
Following the sail, all the dads will receive a special gift!
Each schooner will take up to 40 guests. Your party will be kept together, and your schooner will be assigned to you upon check-in.
The Adirondack (78 feet) and the Imagine (80 feet) are modeled after pilot schooners, which patrolled the major New England harbors of the 19th century and waited for tall ships coming into port. Upon their arrival, the pilot schooner would sail up to meet them and deposit a “pilot” aboard these ships. The pilot would then assist in navigating the ship to safe harbor. The Imagine and the Adirondack are the fastest resident “classic” sailing vessels in the New York Harbor. They are comfortable and, with ample deck space, are built and designed for taking groups of up to 49 on spectacular sight-sailing adventures. They are operated by Coast Guard-certified captains and friendly and talented crews.