New York Classic Week Regatta Sail on the Schooner Adirondack or Adirondack III
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for New York Classic Week Regatta Sail was Monday October 8, 2012 / 11:00am.
Take advantage of this rare opportunity to sail as a guest aboard the Adirondack_ _or the Adirondack III while she participates in a Classic Regatta!
Join the crew for a lunch of fruit, gourmet sandwiches, chips, and dessert as Classic Harbor Line’s highly experienced racing crew and captains compete in the “New York Classic Week” races.
The participants in this race are all classic sailing vessels of varying size and sail plans, so expect to see other schooners, sloops, ketches, and fifes from the turn-of-the-century vying for marks across the New York Harbor. The stunning bright work and beautiful classic lines of these historic vessels have been specially maintained by their owners and offer great photo opportunities! Races are scheduled Wednesday through Sunday with a 12:00 gun. Each race each day will have a different course with the new York Harbor.
Some of the famous sites you’ll view along the way are:
- The New York City skyline
- 20-acre Battery Park at the southern tip of Manhattan, where artillery has been stationed over the centuries
- Ellis Island, the immigrant doorway to America from 1892 to 1954
- The Statue of Liberty, a French gift that arrived in New York Harbor in 1885 and has come to represent our nation’s freedom and ideals
- The New York City Waterfalls
Complimentary champagne, wine, beer and soda will be provided. (One quick note: they will serve a few rounds, but it is not an unlimited booze-cruise. They aim to create an elegant, relaxing, peaceful, and safe experience for all of our guests.)
Join Classic Harbor Line for a New York Classic Week Race Aboard the Adirondack or Adirondack III, and you’ll experience NYC like never before.