Smuin Ballet Mini-Subscription: Winter and Spring Programs
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Smuin Ballet Mini-Subscription was Sunday February 27, 2011 / 2:00pm (and May 29 at 2:00pm).
Currently at Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts - Main Stage
- Full Price:
- $56 - $72
- Our Price:
- $31 - $44
Smuin Contemporary American Ballet graces the stage at the Mountain View Center for the Arts with… More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Stacey W.
view more less of this review
Go to Smuin Ballet! You will not be disappointed. I've been going to see them since the late 90's and haven't seen a show I didn't like. Fun, sensual, athletic, colorful, modern, and graceful are all words to describe. Very accessible for those new to dance.
Winter Program — at Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts
Through February 27, 2011
Oh, Inverted World – World Premiere: Trey McIntyre, Choreographer
Brahms-Haydn Variations: Michael Smuin, Choreographer
Bluegrass/Slyde: Michael Smuin, Choreographer
Smuin presents its Oh, Inverted World, a world premiere by Trey McIntyre, one of the most sought-after choreographers working today. McIntyre, founder and artistic director of the nationally recognized Trey McIntyre Project, started shaking things up in the dance scene in 1989 as the choreographic apprentice to Houston Ballet, and has continued to delight and amaze audiences across the country. The program continues with Michael Smuin’s Bluegrass/Slyde, an electric piece in which dancers whirl around spinning poles and revel in the bluegrass rhythm. Also featured is Smuin’s classically styled Brahms-Haydn Variations, a lyrical favorite filled with courtly references called “lovely” by _The __San Francisco Chronicle_.
Spring Program — at Bayside Center for the Performing Arts
May 6 — June 4, 2011
Momentum: Choo San Goh, Choreographer
Mozart Requiem – World Premiere: Amy Seiwert, Choreographer
T_o The Beatles, Revisited_: Michael Smuin, Choreographer
The Spring program features the romantic ballet Momentum by internationally celebrated choreographer Choo San Goh. Set to a Prokofiev piano concerto both lush and bold, Momentum is renowned for its clean, sculptural lines and streamlined partnering. Also featured is a World Premiere by Choreographer-in-Residence Amy Seiwert, set to the haunting, powerful music of Mozart’s Requiem. A former dancer with Smuin Ballet, Amy Seiwert has won numerous awards and critical accolades. The San Francisco Bay Guardian says, “[Seiwert] has one of the Bay Area’s most intriguing voices… fresh, mysterious, and mesmerizing.” Rounding out the bill is To The Beatles: Revisited, a hip, entertaining celebration of the most influential group in the history of rock ’n’ roll. Originally created in 1984 by Michael Smuin, the piece is set to Beatles hits such as “Help,” “Day Tripper,” “Sgt. Pepper,” and “Come Together” and highlights the charm, the warmth, and the wit of the boys from Liverpool.
Subscriber benefits include:
- Guaranteed Seats - The best seats in the house are reserved exclusively for subscribers.
- Flexible Ticket Exchanges - Subscribers enjoy a flexible exchange policy. Tickets can be exchanged for alternate dates and venues for the same program at no extra cost.
- Lost Ticket Insurance - Lost or misplaced tickets will be replaced without questions or hassles.
- Special Discount Offers – *You will know of exclusive discount offers for subscribers as they are made available. Examples include early bird renewal offers and special event access.
- The Inside Smuin Scoop - Subscribers receive copies of the periodic online newsletter The Barre Report, filled with the most up-to-date news, events and sneak peeks of Smuin behind-the-scenes.
- Subscriber Support - *The Patron Services staff is dedicated to serving your subscription needs to ensure that your Smuin Ballet experience is a superior one.