Chelsea High Line and Skyline Cruise and Walking Tour
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Chelsea High Line and Skyline was Friday June 18, 2010 / 2:30pm.
Currently at Schooner Adirondack
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Step aboard the Adirondack and let the cool breeze whisk your troubles away as you cruise past New… More
Make the most of Chelsea with two tours in one. Start with a 90-minute cruise on the1920s-style yacht Manhattan. Her glassed-in observatory features a full bar, breath-taking views & Gatsby-esque glamor!
Highlights along the route:
- West Side Starchitecture on the Hudson: Frank Gehry’s IAC, Standard Hotel & Richard Meier’s Glass Towers
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport & Financial District
- Governor’s Island, Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island
- The Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges of the East River
Professor Matthew Postal greets you at the dock when you return. He is a renowned architectural historian & author of:
- Guide to New York City Landmarks, 2009
- Ten Architectural Walking Tours in Manhattan, 2009
Starting at Chelsea Piers, once home to the White Star and Cunard Lines, Matt leads you on a 90 minute walking tour through Chelsea and through the story that leads up to the High Line Park – a former industrial railway of the 1930’s that is now Manhattan’s newest and most celebrated park.
Following the High Line route, you pass through the notable Art Gallery District, fashionable condominiums and past several historic landmarks, including the General Theological Seminary and Chelsea Market – where the Oreo was invented and current home of the Food Network, Morimoto & Emeril Live.
The walking tour ends at Gansevoort Street, in the heart of the famed Meat Packing District. Guests are then invited to walk, explore, photograph & enjoy the High Line at their own pace.