The Ryan Case 1873: Interactive Murder Mystery Solved on the Streets
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for The Ryan Case 1873 have expired.
The last date listed for The Ryan Case 1873 was Saturday July 13, 2013 / 2:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $79.00 - $127.00
- Our Price:
- $65.00 - $79.00
In downtown Philadelphia, a down-and-out boxer is struggling to get by when the chance of a lifetime comes along. He doesn't have long to get back in fighting shape, but if he does it, this could be his best shot to become a champion, and his last chance for love. The massively popular movie about the ultimate underdog inspired this innovative new stage production, brought to life by a five-time Tony Award-winning creative team, including director Alex Timbers (Peter and the Starcatcher), songwriting team Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty (Ragtime), and book writers Thomas Meehan (The Producers) and Sylvester Stallone, writer and star of the Rocky films. Featuring 20 original songs, plus hits from the films ("Eye of the Tiger" and "Gonna Fly Now"), Rocky is not only an adrenaline-fueled spectacle for anyone who was a fan of the movie, but it's also a surprising tale of romance that will touch the hearts of longtime musical theater fans. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
A great way to spend a Saturday afternoon!
The interactive play was fun! My teammates were congenial and helpful. Chief Burns was funny and all actors stayed in character throughout. Great Irish brogues and amusing retorts. The staff at Jimmy's were very pleasant and accommodating. All in all a fun experience!
Quotes & Highlights
- Visit the <a target="_blank" href="http://www.liveintheater.com/ryancase/faq.htm">event website</a> for a list of frequently asked questions about this production.
- Check out what <a target="_blank" href="http://www.goldstar.com/events/new-york-ny/the-ryan-case-1873.html?reviews=all#reviews">Goldstar members</a> had to say about this event in the past.
- "A particularly fine example ... of outdoor theater." --<em>The New York Times</em>
- "The cast is excellent ... peals of laughter ... a fun evening!" --NYTheater.com
- “It’s like <em>CSI: New York</em> in the 1870s.” --<em>TimeOut New York</em>
The mystery begins and ends at Jimmy's No. 43.
The show is appropriate for those ages 13 and older.
About half of this two-hour experience occurs outdoors. Please come dressed appropriately for the weather. Ponchos will be provided in case of rain.
Approximately 10 stairs must be climbed as part of the experience, which also includes a half of a mile of walking distance.
There is air conditioning in the Church of the Transfiguration.