New Comedy Tilda Swinton Answers an Ad on Craigslist
After scoring with critics and audiences alike in Los Angeles last year, Byron Lane's absurdist new comedy Tilda Swinton Answers an Ad on Craigslist makes its eagerly awaited New York premiere. Directed by Tom Detrinis and starring Tom Lenk (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Rock of Ages on Broadway) as Tilda Swinton, this limited engagement at The Laurie Beechman Theatre follows an isolated and aimless gay man with a "roommate wanted" ad on Craigslist who finds his life, family and relationship flipped upside down when the ad is answered by the effusive and other-worldly actress Tilda Swinton, who demands that she be allowed to study and dissect his sad life for her next big movie role. The two very different personalities clash immediately as things become hilariously chaotic and surprisingly cathartic. Tilda Swinton Answers an Ad on Craigslist is an absurd must-see comedy about life with one of the galaxy's greatest living actors.
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
Turn any event into a gift that's…
- Festively wrapped
- Can be sent via email or mail
Experiences that create memories make the greatest gifts.
Upcoming Dates & Times
Quotes & Highlights
- “Hysterical … a brilliant tour de force played to perfection.” — Broadway World
- “Flawless … admirably crisp, well-paced” — LA Weekly
- “The title alone gives you a sense of the delicious ridiculousness of Byron Lane’s new play … bolstered by a landmark performance by Joss Whedon favorite Tom Lenk … run to the theatre.” — Edge