Origins of Sacramento Walking Food and Cultural Tour
* Additional fees apply.
Turn any event into a gift that's…
Can be sent via email or mail.
Experiences that create memories make the greatest gifts.
Select Your Date
- Sat, Mar 8 @ 10:15am Check Availability $32.00
- Fri, Mar 14 @ 10:15am Sold Out
- Sat, Mar 15 @ 10:15am Check Availability $32.00
- Tue, Mar 18 @ 10:15am Check Availability $32.00
- Sat, Mar 22 @ 10:15am Check Availability $32.00
- Tue, Mar 25 @ 10:15am Check Availability $32.00
- Sat, Mar 29 @ 10:15am Check Availability $32.00
- Tue, Apr 1 @ 10:15am Check Availability $32.00
- Sat, Apr 5 @ 10:15am Check Availability $32.00
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
This is the second Local Roots Food Tour that I have taken. It was even better than the first. Although there were only 2 of us, Lisa was more than happy to conduct the tour. I would recommend this tour to anyone and am looking forward to attending whatever Lisa has planned for the winter.
Though subject to change, typical tastings on the tour include:
* Amaretto Custard French Toast with local almonds
* Tequila infused cocktail with fresh strawberry/mango
* Local pork fried carnitas with black beans
* Hand made chocolate ganache la bombe
* Stuffed Date w/ goat cheese and pancetta
* Seasonally flavored sunchoke and celery soup
* Pesto and garlic pizza with fresh basil
* Snickerdoodle cupcake with lemon cream frosting
How much walking is involved?
The Origins of Sacramento Tour is a little over 2.5 miles, taken at a leisurely pace. Seats are available at the majority of the food stops on each tour route. If you just had knee replacement surgery or suffered a foot injury this tour is not recommended for you.
Wheelchair/Stroller Accessibility: The tour follows a flat wheelchair/stroller accessible path for most areas. The tour can accommodate those requiring a wheelchair or bringing a stroller easily. Please keep in mind that the walking path is on an approximate 2.5 mile route with limited access to bathrooms in many areas.
End Point: The tour ends just a few blocks away from the starting point.
Gratuities: Gratuities at the restaurant stops are included with your ticket price.The tour guides greatly appreciate gratuities given for excellent service. The standard tip amount in the service industry is 15% to 18%; however this is optional. Typical tip amount is $8 to $10 per person.
Beverages: Every walking food tour has an alcohol tasting; whether it be a cocktail, beer or wine sample. If you are a non-alcoholic drinker or under aged, accommodations will be made to offer you a substitute. Ice water is provided at sit-down stops.
Food: The tour includes at least 6 to 9 tastings of generous samples along the way. Portion sizes are typically 3-4 oz. samples. A light breakfast should hold you over until the food tour launches and the eating fun begins!
Bathroom Breaks: Yes, bathrooms are available throughout the tour routes and the guides allow time for breaks as needed.
Recommended Dress: The words are casual and comfortable. Please wear shoes that will allow you to walk 2.5 miles in comfort so you can enjoy your food! Jeans and sneakers are just fine. You will be outside for most of the tour, so you may want to bring a jacket or sweater. Be prepared for incremental winter weather in Northern California - rain and Delta breezes may be in the forecast so be ready!
Photos and Video: Photos are encouraged during the tour and our guides love to be included in group photos (our local chefs as well!). Posting your photos instantaneously on to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram is highly encouraged! Video recording of more than a few short segments of the tour is not permitted. If you plan to record part of a tour on video, kindly notify the tour guide in advance. Voice recording of the tour guide on the entire route is strictly prohibited.