See Murals While Tasting and Sipping on the Urban Art, Food & Libations Walking Tour
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Urban Art, Food & Libations Walking Tour was Thursday September 24, 2015 / 2:00pm.
Midtown is known for its arts district, but what lies on the exterior walls tells a story at each stop. Participants will learn the details behind how several murals were created and the story behind each setting — a cool way to learn about Sacramento’s art scene. Learn about one local artist’s passion while viewing her art mural, hear the story on how long, what type of paints were used and where she got her vision to draw a mural that took well over 2 months to paint on the tour … one of the many fun and interesting stories!
The food scene in Sacramento is growing leaps and bounds. We seek out the local chefs who are passionate about resourcing their ingredients from local farms in our bountiful agriculture area. We love to get up-close and personal with the chefs and owners on our walking food tours. Participants have the opportunity to meet the chefs, ask them all their dirty details about how they make such flavorful and fresh menu items and learn about their story. The tour route will take participants to 6 to 7 stops in the 3.5-hour tour time frame, including tastings paired with local wines, ports and beers! Doesn’t that sound refreshing?
Though subject to change, typical tastings on our tour include
- Locally sourced sausage with truffle mac & cheese w/ beer pairing
- Kale salad with apple, walnuts and herbs
- Portobello mushroom fries
- Handcrafted port and chocolate pairing
- Charcuterie board with wine pairings
- Crab, tuna and avocado roll w/ fresh ginger sauce
- Drunken noodles on a romaine bed
- Double chocolate celebration cupcake with creme filling