Swingin', Jammin' and Groovin' to the Sounds of Dixieland & More
$7.50 - $15*
$15 - $30
This "crown jewel of jazz festivals" features over 30 jazz bands, soloists and orchestras hailing from as far as Europe and Australia, to as near as San Diego's own local jazz, Dixieland, and swing faves. Highlights feature swing dance exhibitions, gospel music, a ragtime dance concert where attendees can wear their finest Ragtime Era costumes, and an open jam where guests can bring their own instrument!
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
All offers for 28th Annual San Diego Dixieland Jazz Festival have expired.
The last date listed for 28th Annual San Diego Dixieland Jazz Festival was Sunday November 25, 2007 / 8:00am-10:00pm.
Reviews & Ratings
28th Annual San Diego Dixieland Jazz Festival
Special Festival Events:
- Wednesday night pre-festival concert-dance, with Wally’s Warehouse Waifs of Michigan and the High Society Jazz Band of LaJolla.
- Town & Country Thanksgiving Buffet (Thursday afternoon) with music! (Dinner not included in price of admission.)
- Ragtime Extravaganza—the Heliotrope Ragtime Orchestra, with Ragtime Era dance steps performed by local vintage dancers, in period costume on Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon.
- American Roots—the music of Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins—played and sung by the Hayriders featuring well known Sue Palmer, Gino Meregillano, Johnny D’Artenay, and Hal Smith of San Diego plus John Gill and Katie Cavera.
- Swing Dance Exhibitions by San Diego’s 2toGroove plus Orange County’s OC Swing.
- “JazzSea Jams” led by cornetist Dick Williams. Bring your instrument. Have fun jamming while you learn how to play in an organized band.
- Chloe Feoranzo an amazing 15 year old tenor sax and clarinet player from Pacific Beach who has been invited to play throughout the US will ‘sit in’ with a variety of bands.
- The Mission Bay High School Dixieland Band—talented young musicians who put on a terrific show.
- Butch Thompson Trio, led by the featured performer on broadcasts of “A Prairie Home Companion.” Carl Sonny Leyland Trio, led by the internationally-acclaimed boogie woogie pianist. Plus, our pianorama with numerous top pianists.
- Sunday morning Gospel music with the Night Blooming Jazzmen of Claremont.
- Sunday evening wind-down concert-dance, with the Side Street Strutters known for their exceptional concerts at Disneyland and Buck Creek Jazz Band from Springfield, VA.