Swingin', Jammin' and Groovin' to the Sounds of Dixieland & More
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for 28th Annual San Diego Dixieland Jazz Festival was Sunday November 25, 2007 / 8:00am-10:00pm.
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Richard LennonRed Velvet
view more less of this review
It was so good I came home that night and immediately ordered tickets for all day Saturday. Sac A Pulse (a jazz band of visiting Frenchmen) was especially terrific. The dancing was also a great extra benefit. Good dance floor and plenty of room.
Special Festival Events:
- Wednesday night pre-festival concert-dance, with Wally’s Warehouse Waifs of Michigan and the High Society Jazz Band of LaJolla.
- Town & Country Thanksgiving Buffet (Thursday afternoon) with music! (Dinner not included in price of admission.)
- Ragtime Extravaganza—the Heliotrope Ragtime Orchestra, with Ragtime Era dance steps performed by local vintage dancers, in period costume on Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon.
- American Roots—the music of Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins—played and sung by the Hayriders featuring well known Sue Palmer, Gino Meregillano, Johnny D’Artenay, and Hal Smith of San Diego plus John Gill and Katie Cavera.
- Swing Dance Exhibitions by San Diego’s 2toGroove plus Orange County’s OC Swing.
- “JazzSea Jams” led by cornetist Dick Williams. Bring your instrument. Have fun jamming while you learn how to play in an organized band.
- Chloe Feoranzo an amazing 15 year old tenor sax and clarinet player from Pacific Beach who has been invited to play throughout the US will ‘sit in’ with a variety of bands.
- The Mission Bay High School Dixieland Band—talented young musicians who put on a terrific show.
- Butch Thompson Trio, led by the featured performer on broadcasts of “A Prairie Home Companion.” Carl Sonny Leyland Trio, led by the internationally-acclaimed boogie woogie pianist. Plus, our pianorama with numerous top pianists.
- Sunday morning Gospel music with the Night Blooming Jazzmen of Claremont.
- Sunday evening wind-down concert-dance, with the Side Street Strutters known for their exceptional concerts at Disneyland and Buck Creek Jazz Band from Springfield, VA.