32nd Annual San Diego Thanksgiving Dixieland Jazz Festival
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for 32nd Annual San Diego Thanksgiving Dixieland Jazz Festival was Sunday November 27, 2011 / 8:00am-5:00pm.
Most Popular Music Event Nearby
- Full Price:
- $48.60 - $71.25
- Our Price:
- $22 - $50
Canadian fave Bryan Adams has rocked major crowds worldwide for more than three decades, selling… More
Quotes & Highlights
View a full band listing at the San Diego Thanksgiving Dixieland Jazz Festival’s website.
The Town & Country Resort and Convention Center in Hotel Circle is the site of the 32nd Annual San Diego Thanksgiving Dixieland Jazz Festival. A wonderful variety of jazz styles will be presented by America’s Finest City Dixieland Jazz Society. Among the weekend’s highlights:
- A Wednesday night pre-festival concert-dance, with San Diego’s own Dixie Express and the Dave Bennett Quartet.
- Exciting swing by the Reynolds Brothers Rhythm Rascals, the Red Skunk Jipzee Swing Band and the Dave Bennett Quartet.
- Harlem Stride performed by the fabulous young pianist Stephanie Trick.
- Authentic traditional jazz by the High Sierra Jazz Band, Yerba Buena Stompers, Grand Dominion Jazz Band, Uptown Lowdown, Red Pepper Jazz Band and Titanic Jazz Band.
- High-Energy performances by the sensational young musicians of Generation Jazz and the Mission Bay High School Dixie Band.
- Dixieland and swing music by Tim Laughlin, Connie Jones and the New Orleans All-Stars; Cornet Chop Suey; the Night Blooming Jazzmen; Dixie Express; High Society Jazz Band; Uptown Rhythm Makers and the South Bay Jazz Ramblers.
- “Pianorama” — featuring over a dozen solo piano performances.
- Special sets, including the music of King Oliver and Louis Armstrong; the History of Ragtime; 1924 Jazz; a tribute to Jerry Lee Lewis; Parasol Parades; Dance Classes; Swing Dance exhibitions; the compositions of Walter Donaldson; the music of Lu Watters and Turk Murphy; New Orleans Revival Jazz; and a Sunday morning “Hymn-a-Long.”
- Guest appearances and small combos led by Festival favorites Chloe Feoranzo and Katie Cavera.
- Jumping blues by Sue Palmer and her Motel Swing Orchestra, with vocalist Deejah Marie.
- Solo piano by Ragtime and Traditional Jazz historian Tex Wyndham.
- Musical tributes to the late Alan Adams — the San Diego Thanksgiving Dixieland Jazz Festival’s longtime Executive Director.
- Banjo music by the San Fernando Valley Banjo Band and the San Diego Banjo Band.
- A Ragtime Extravaganza featuring San Diego’s Heliotrope Ragtime Orchestra and vintage dancers in costume.
- “JazzSea Jams” led by cornetist Dick Williams; an opportunity for musically-inclined festival patrons to jam with an organized band.