Fun Walking Tour of Ever-Changing North Beach
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Full Exposure: Complete History of North Beach was Saturday April 25, 2015 / 2:45pm.
Currently at Washington Square Park
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
The San Francisco Food Safari offers you the chance to explore the city's neighborhoods in-depth and… More
Originally called the Latin Quarter, North Beach (which actually did have a beach some 150 years ago) was a mix of all nationalities until the laying of an “off-the-grid” avenue (later rechristened Columbus Avenue) sent many citizens scattering to other neighborhoods. But not the Italians — they stayed and turned North Beach into Little Italy.
Highlights of this tour include:
- Washington Square Park, one of the country’s “perfect parks”
- The oldest bar in town (unless they build an older one)
- The Condor, home of topless dancing. And bottomless dancing.
- The Killer Piano story
- The Hippodrome, the city’s remaining dance hall from the Barbary Coast era
- The only downtown district to survive the 1906 earthquake and fire** **
- City Lights