Explore the Mission District on a Fun Foodie Walking Tour
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
Turn any event into a gift that's…
- Festively wrapped
- Can be sent via email or mail
Experiences that create memories make the greatest gifts.
It's easy to send tickets for this event as a gift.
Select Your Date
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from AngelaL
view more less of this review
We're locals and enjoy these types of tours. This is our second food tour in the Mission but the first time on a tour with this company. It was terrific. I liked it better than the other because, though we went to fewer places, it was better organized and Casey was an excellent guide. We brought our 16-year old nephew who loved it.
Casey struck exactly the right balance of food, historical information and interesting tidbits about the neighborhood today. We've lived in SF for nearly 20 years and still learned new things about the Mission.
The eating part of the tour included:
- Half a savory muffin at Craftsman and Wolves
- A falafel wrap at Ali Baba's Cave
- A taco at Taqueria Cancun (choose from al pastor, lengue or vegetarian) with chips, salsa, etc.
- A slice of Delfina's pizza
- A meringue from Tartine (my favorite)
It was plenty of food but nicely portioned out over about 3 hours.
report as inappropriate
Brian was a funny & entertaining tour guide. Was surprise that I was already full by third eatery. Saw c & w on food porn, and really wanted to taste their famous golden muffin, my dream came true. Pass by ali baba so many times, now I'm ready...continued
report as inappropriate
I did not enjoy this tour as much as I did other food tours we took in the area. I thought the group was too big and the choice of foods was too much bread focused (muffin, followed by sandwich, then tacos, pizza; you get the idea). Not enough...continued
Flavorful food specialties are served from five of the following locations (subject to change):
- Taqueria Cancun: Taste their famous tacos (est. 1985)
- Mission Chinese: Founder Danny Bowien was nominated for a James Beard Rising Chef Award (est. 2010)
- Delfina Pizza: Delicious Neapolitan inspired, thin crust pizzas (est. 2005)
- Tartine Bakery: The best French-style bakery in San Francisco. Bypass the lines (est. 2002)
- Ali Baba’s Cave: The most delicious, moist falafel in SF. Hear about Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, while noshing on deep-fried chickpeas seasoned to perfection. (est. 2003)
- Craftsman and Wolves: Where the paths of food and design intersect (est. 2010)
- Venga Empanadas: Made by hand, baked not fried, with plenty of flavors to choose from (est. 2008)
- Mission Banh Mi/Duc Loi Kitchen: Serving Amanda’s Vietnamese sandwiches, which she learned to make as a girl in Vietnam (est. 2008)
Tour guide gratuity is not included.