Pearls Over Shanghai: Revival of Comic Mock-Operetta
$13 - $17.50*
$30 - $35
Thrillpeddlers' award-winning madcap musical Pearls Over Shanghai is back to thrill and mesmerize audiences anew at the Hypnodrome. Set in gin-and-sin-soaked 1937 Shanghai, this colorful comic mock-operetta wallows in the exotic world of white slavery and opium dens, and features a lavishly costumed cast of more than 20. This special fifth anniversary revival, with book and lyrics by Link Martin and music by Scrumbly Koldewyn, also celebrates the 45th anniversary of the famed gender-bending drag troupe known as the "all singing, all dancing, all cardboard" Cockettes. Koldewyn, "Sweet Pam" Tent and Rumi Missabu, who all starred in the well-reviewed original show, return for this over-the-top production.
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
All offers for Pearls Over Shanghai have expired.
The last date listed for Pearls Over Shanghai was Saturday July 19, 2014 / 8:00pm.
Quotes & Highlights
- “A true San Francisco tradition continues! …opium dream sequence, nudity and a 1930s toe-tapping musical vibe that never ever quits.” —Potrero View
- “Pearls Over Shanghai is historically hysterical.” —Theatre World Internet Magazine
- “All together, this cast is a well-oiled, eye-popping, immoral machine of hysteria.” —SF Bay Times
- “Pearls Over Shanghai still marks another happy reunion of the Cockettes and Thrillpeddlers, two theatrical groups separated by 40 years that still seem to have been destined to be collaborators in sinfully silly glory.” —Bay Area Reporter
- “This Show Is A Winner – It’s An Epic Spectacle.” —Leehartgravetonight