Pearls Over Shanghai: Revival of Comic Mock-Operetta
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Pearls Over Shanghai was Saturday July 19, 2014 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Hypnodrome
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- SOLD OUT
Step into the speakeasy realm of 1920s Weimar Berlin as Thrillpeddlers unleash the new cabaret-style… More
Reviews & Ratings
star this review starred report as inappropriate
The show is like a soap bubble - pretty and glistening and as insubstantial as...well, a soap bubble. The songs are well-performed (for the most part) , though sadly two of the three "original" Cockettes they dusted off for the show should have...
Quotes & Highlights
- “A true San Francisco tradition continues! …opium dream sequence, nudity and a 1930s toe-tapping musical vibe that never ever quits.” —Potrero View
- “Pearls Over Shanghai is historically hysterical.” —Theatre World Internet Magazine
- “All together, this cast is a well-oiled, eye-popping, immoral machine of hysteria.” —SF Bay Times
- “Pearls Over Shanghai still marks another happy reunion of the Cockettes and Thrillpeddlers, two theatrical groups separated by 40 years that still seem to have been destined to be collaborators in sinfully silly glory.” —Bay Area Reporter
- “This Show Is A Winner – It’s An Epic Spectacle.” —Leehartgravetonight
About the Ticket Supplier: Thrillpeddlers
Thrillpeddlers is the 2009 SF Bay Guardian‘s Goldie Award winner for “Outstanding Local Discovery” in the arts, and in 2010, 7 X 7 Magazine named them the city’s best underground theater company. They have been performing a unique brand of horror and fetish theatre in San Francisco for over a decade. The company is continuously engaged in translating, adapting, and producing classic plays from the infamous repertoire of Le Theatre du Grand Guignol (www.grandguignol.com) as well as developing modern works by contemporary masters of the horror genre. The Hypnodrome, Thrillpeddlers’ performance venue, has the distinction of being the world’s only purpose-built horror theatre. Thrillpeddlers’ annual pageant of terror and titillation, Shocktoberfest!!, has become a San Francisco Halloween tradition, running every year since 2000.