Tour San Francisco's Hidden Gems: Secrets of the '20s and '30s
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Secrets of the 1920s and '30s Walking Tour was Friday August 22, 2014 / 11:00am.
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from SoCalGirl
view more less of this review
Alice was so cute! I'm glad I dressed up! So should you!
Very informative tour, it was about 2.5 hours. If you enjoy history, you will like this tour. Don't expect any "hidden secrets" per say, it's more "gems in plain sight" kind of tour as you are directed to different buildings and architecture and the story behind them. Enjoy!
**- You’re encouraged to come dressed in swanky period fashion. Your guide will be wearing her finest clothes from the era.
- See the hidden gems of 1920s and ‘30s art deco San Francisco.
- Your guide is a long-term afficianado and authority of art deco San Francisco.
- Learn about Timothy Pflueger, one of San Francisco’s most prominent, prolific and respected architects and designers.
- See watercolor murals painted by Anton Refregier.
- View sculptures created by Ralph Stackpole.
- Fun and interesting historical information will be provided by your knowledgeable and entertaining guide.
- For future exploring on your own, you’ll receive maps and photos of other hidden gems worth seeking out as well as notes from your tour.
Your Guide:* Alice Jurow*
A Bay Area art deco expert and recovering architect, lecturer and author, Alice has given tours of the SF Bay area’s art and architecture for historical preservation societies and curious visitors for many years. She knows many of the hidden gems and oddities that even locals aren’t aware of, such as WPA art, architectural archetypes and things saved from the wrecking ball. As an avid collector and wearer of vintage clothing, don’t be surprised to see her in her finest vintage__ __outfits.
__This 2 to 2.5-hour walking tour does include some hills. Please bring drinking water.