Ferry Building & Farmers Market: A Culinary Tour with Edible Excursions
* Additional fees apply.
Turn any event into a gift that's…
Can be sent via email or mail.
Experiences that create memories make the greatest gifts.
Select Your Date
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from ChouxieRed Velvet
view more less of this review
The tour offered some interesting info, and the tastes were nice at various places, but I would recommend this tour more for out-of-town guests or tourists, or anyone new to the city. As someone already into the food/restaurant scene in SF, and a farmers' market junkie, the best thing about the tour for me were the 10% off discounts that day at some of the vendors.
Quotes & Highlights
- "Lisa Rogovin of [Edible Excursions] has built a mini empire of touring Bay Area foodie hotspots." --<em>SFWeekly.com</em>
- "Lisa's the new name in town for custom culinary excursions in and around California's San Francisco Bay." --<em>Incentive</em><em> </em>
- Read news articles about Edible Excursions as well as testimonials from former participants at their <a target="_blank" href="http://www.edibleexcursions.net/testimonials.htm">Buzz</a> page.
The San Francisco Ferry Building Marketplace and Farmers Market Tour includes local, seasonal tastes from artisans and farmers. Local epicurean concierges lead food lovers into the heart of of the Bay Area food scene for a culinary exploration that has San Franciscans buzzing about their city's famous landmark in a whole new way. Witness for yourself the abundance and variety of fresh, organic products available for your enjoyment at the Marketplace and to take home. Please wear comfortable shoes.
Flavor experiences may include:
- Celebrity chef Chris Cosentino's house cured fennel salame and freshly made mortadella at Boccalone Salumeria
- Decadent artisanal chocolates from Recchiuti Confections and Scharffen Berger where guests learn the difference between chocolatier and chocolate maker
- Award winning, organic cheese from Cowgirl Creamery
- Freshly baked Frog Hollow Farm tartlets made with seasonal fruits and vegetables grown on their farm in Brentwood, California
- Pickled vegetables from Happy Girl Kitchen Co.'s award-winning kitchen
- The best French macarons in California from Miette Patisserie
- Acme Bread Company's deliciously sweet and sour breads which so many local chefs prefer
Outside at the Farmer's Market, your Epicurean Concierge will introduce you to specialty producers and tastes of their most luscious seasonal wares - fruits, pickles, preserves and chutneys, and savory pastries.
(Tour stops are subject to change based on availability.)