Mesmerizing Musical Phantom from Children's Musical Theater
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Phantom have expired.
The last date listed for Phantom was Thursday May 11, 2006 / 7:00pm.
Currently at Montgomery Theater:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
La Périchole, Jacques Offenbach's opera buffa, comes to Montgomery Theater. The opera equivalent of musical-theater comedy, this fully staged three-act opera concerns two impoverished Peruvian street-singers, too poor to afford a marriage license, and a lecherous viceroy, who wishes to make the female street singer, named La Périchole, his mistress. Set in 1950s Lima, with music that's diverse and delightful, the opera is performed in English with supertitles. It contains some of Offenbach's most charming music, filled with boleros, seguidillas and galops. Learn More
Quotes & Highlights
- "A magical and cathartic experience for audience members." --<em>O.C. Register</em>
- "Everything is first rate." --<em>N.Y. Daily News</em>
- "Rhapsodic music that entrances, moves and haunts...A welcome link to musical theatre's golden past." --<em>N.Y. Times</em>
<p>Book by Arthur Kopit. Music and Lyrics by Maury Yeston. </p> <p>This mesmerizing Phantom is traditional musical theatre in the finest sense. The Tony award-winning authors of Nine have transformed Gaston Leroux' The Phantom of the Opera into a sensation that enraptures audiences and critics with beautiful songs and an expertly crafted book. It is constructed around characters more richly developed than in any other version, including the original novel.</p>
About the Ticket Supplier: CMT San Jose
Children’s Musical Theater San Jose is a leader in the world of youth theater companies, renowned for its innovative spirit in every area of programming.
CMT is committed to providing excellent, accessible musical theater training and youth theater performances for young audiences, families and the entire Silicon Valley region. CMTSJ has 3 age groups:
1) The Marquee productions (age 19+) has become a CMT tradition and highlights CMT’s full artistic potential with high-caliber entertainment that benefits the organization and the community
2) Mainstage Productions (featuring high school and college age performers) has made a name for itself within the local arts scene as well as on a national level with unprecedented recognition
3) Rising Stars productions inspire younger performers, ages 6-14 and their families to develop their passion for musical theater.